Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 554 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

CC is weird. Like, remember when Christian Bale won when Bradley Cooper and Ethan Hawke were also nominated? They are more fixated on predicting than anything else -_-

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

People are really pulling the “She already has 4” argument? That actually helps her because it’s SAG. Remember when they gave Alec Baldwin 7 in a row? Of all groups, they care the least about rewarding people over and over again.

Facts! It’s obviously not in stone Viola is winning SAG. But once again, understatement her there of all places if you want. The bottom line is, she’s won more than there than she’s lost, across different categories, I might add. I’d say that accounts for something…

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Im still laughing at Andra 22 all that dragging her lifetime movie just for her to beat Oscar and bafta winners viola mulligan Kirby and frances as a first time actress taking the Globe LMAO.But andra did really good with a bad script not even a A list actresse couldn’t win a lead drama actress globe off a lifetime quality movie respect to Andra.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Some of you think these critics win can help mulligan still and a golden globe is waaaaaaaaaay more important then critics win so i think andra can put up a fight for the Oscar without sag or bafta if she gets or ties at critics choice. And i cant explain it but viola is top 2 now for the Oscar if shes gets sag.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

People are really pulling the “She already has 4” argument? That actually helps her because it’s SAG. Remember when they gave Alec Baldwin 7 in a row? Of all groups, they care the least about rewarding people over and over again.

Good point, but Baldwin is on the television side. Do we have any evidence they don’t care about rewarding people in the film side?

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

A woman like billie holiday would 100% go out with a bang like that. She stopped giving a f about everyone at that point and accepted her fate.

That has nothing to do with the bad acting, bad camera usage and lighting, and bad dialogue.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Nobody said Viola was the front runner she’s obviously not but she’s far from last. 

That’s EXACTLY what people are saying. What their deduction is based on baffles me.

Some are even saying things like ‘its between Day and Davis’ which is no different than the comments Victor makes.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

That has nothing to do with the bad acting, bad camera usage and lighting, and bad dialogue.

The acting wasnt bad from her. She sold it and many ppl that ive talked to have that ending as one of their fave moments.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I have a question is anybody happy like me that andra won Kirby viola frances mulligan would be boring since they could sweep LMAO.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Good point, but Baldwin is on the television side. Do we have any evidence they don’t care about rewarding people in the film side?

Not off the top of my head. I do know that Renée Zellweger and Frances McDormand are the only two women to have won lead twice, so Viola would be joining an elite group. But Davis has won for three different projects in three different categories, which is telling IMO. That said, anything can happen.

Some are even saying things like ‘its between Day and Davis’ which is no different than the comments Victor makes.

What do you mean?

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I have to give it to the Andra stans, they’ve really had a good couple of days, even before the globes, Andra’s momentum had been building like crazy and the globes was a climatic peak.IAfter all the belittling ( CARS 3 actress) she won against all odds. I’ve watched PYW and Carrey’s performance while good didn’t struck me as undeniable, I kept on waiting for an oscar scene but got none. Like someone mentioned she was a frontrunner because we are used to seeing people who look like her winning.The globes also showed one thing that shouldn’t be over looked, award bodies are going to reward talented deserving people of colour who would normally be overlooked for inferior performances by their white counterparts.SAG and critics choice and AMPAS will definitely follow suit,  I mean even the racist HFPA went all out for POC, nobody is going to want to be left out.The race is between Viola and Andra,AMPAS members know that the backlash will be huge if they give it to a white actress for the 93rd time when they have two black women who gave arguably the best performances of the season. It wont look good for them.vanessa Kirby is very vulnerable, she’s great but most of her good scenes are towards the end of the film,  and the biggest challenge is if voters will even watch the movie to the end,I almost stopped watching it halfway ( it’s a very weak movie). I still have her in though.

My predictions in order of how they’ll finish

Viola Davis

Andra Day

Frances Mcdormand

Carrey Mulligan

Vanessa Kirby

Watch out for Yeri Han, if anyone coattails this award season it is either her or Dominique Fishback

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

What do you mean?

You know what that means hun, it was directed at you.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You know what that means hun, it was directed at you.

I know it was, and I don’t get what you’re trying to imply by saying it’s nothing different than what a certain other user does.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

SPAMQUOTE

Daniel Day Lewis says hi (3 leading wins)
    Viola Davis says hi (2 individual acting wins in lead and supporting respectively)
    Renee Zellweger says hi (1 lead and – supporting win respectively)
    Frances McDormand says hi (2 lead wins)
    Mahershala Ali says hi (2 supporting wins)

There are others waiting in the wings with a hello as well. SAG is not “cautious” about giving multiple wins.

Profile picture
    restlessmao
    Topics:

They are more fixated on predicting than anything else -_-

Is this statement true? I am genuinely asking.

If it is true, the irony is that in the 2010s their accuracy in Best Actress (6/10) is lower than the Indie Spirit’s (7/10).

SAG is 8/10, BAFTA 9/10.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)’ is closed to new replies.