Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 554 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Diana Ross’s revenge!!!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Not someone bringing cancel culture into the conversation 💀💀💀

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

“Hulu reports that the United States vs. Billie Holiday also outperformed all other Hulu Original Films this past weekend in attracting new subscribers to the service.

The Daniels movie now ranks among Hulu’s most watched Original features of all time including Happiest Season and Run.”

Now I am REALLY gonna have to see it. It’s making me even more determined that Andra will repeat at Critics Choice Awards. Gonna update my predictions

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Not someone bringing cancel culture into the conversation 💀

It just does not make any sense why someone should receive backlash just because of their skin colour, especially in this category when it’s not clear who’s going to win (unlike last year). People are clever enough not to hate a person or THE AMPAS as a whole when they’re literally going to give The Oscar to Boseman and Kaluuya, aren’t they?

I’m just irritated by that idea, so sorry for bringing cancel culture to this unholy conversation..svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

What the hell will they show their backlash for? I don’t understand why this cancel culture and all the backlash for actors still exist up to now. People don’t even care for the Oscar and all the awards this time, so there won’t be any backlash or whatever it is. What people will do is watching blockbuster and raving about it without knowing the best films out there. They won’t spend their time talking this nonsense like we do.

Have you ever been on Twitter ? And I’m not saying Mulligan will be cancelled. Just saying that if she wins, it’ll age poorly.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Have you ever been on Twitter ? And I’m not saying Mulligan will be cancelled. Just saying that if she wins, it’ll age poorly.

Carey is literally the main push of Film Twitter. Why would her win age poorly there above all places?!

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Carey is literally the main push of Film Twitter. Why would her win age poorly there above all places?!

Lmaooo like Film Twitter will be the only side of Twitter commenting the Oscars. Film Twitter means less than nothing as to general reception.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

“Hulu’s ‘The United States Vs. Billie Holiday’ Tops Streamer’s Weekend Movies Amid Star Andra Day’s Golden Globes Win”

https://deadline.com/2021/03/hulu-united-states-vs-billie-holiday-weekend-viewership-1234705203/

lol now we care about views. But still its alot better than Promising Young FLop.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

lol now we care about views. But still its alot better than Promising Young FLop.

Thanks for the laugh.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I don’t even want Carey to win. I can already imagine the backlash if she does. The fact that the only black woman in PYW is a complete stereotype will not help lmao.

Backlash? For what?

The movie is much more than black or white characters. And besides there is no cardinal rule that every movies needs token POC.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Thanks for the laugh.

It’s the greatest piece of satire I have seen since “Amy Adams will win the Oscar for Hillbilly Elegy“.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I know Ms Andra Day is about to get some movie scripts sent to her she said she not acting again girl that rise up money not gone last forever (maybe it will lmao) but she just won a golden globe off a bad script and bad direction against 2 Oscar and bafta winners all this hype she better start capitalizing and get in her acting bag.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

This makes me happy cause yall are always quick to clown women like in the legendery andra 22 thread now she has a golden globe and more hype than mulligan Frances viola and Kirby combined.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Mulligans globe speech was amazing!

oh wait she didnt win

Profile picture
    Morry Boland
    Topics:

Does Andra kill Viola’s chances now for the Oscar ?

Both play singers and it’s hard not to directly compare two singing performances against each other..the string Viola fans (voters) might see similar talent in Andra.

My guess was the globes was extremely close between Viola Andra Frances and Carey.

My fear is that Viola and Andra split the vote on Oscar night and Frances will bring in solid support to over take them both on the night. Frances could do it. She has ridiculous screen time too.

I think Careys role might be too uncomfortable for some voters (sounds ridiculous I know). And they may struggle to award her. (I know ridiculous)

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)’ is closed to new replies.