Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

Go check the No guts no glory thread. Plenty of the same spammers here were saying that Promising Young Woman was gonna win 3 globes.

That’s why it is called No guts No glory. Only The craziest predictions. If it were to make realístic predictions it wouldn’t be NGNG.

Deep down, no one ever thought it would win agains Chicago 7/Nomadland, much less Emerald Fennel win director

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

I’m kinda new to this but doesn’t No Guts No Glory means that you’re predicting it just for the sake of it ? Like you really want it to happen even though you know it won’t ? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

You don’t know what “no guts, no glory” means?

No he does not. I am trying to explain above

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

I’m kinda new to this but doesn’t No Guts No Glory means that you’re predicting it just for the sake of it ? Like you really want it to happen even though you know it won’t ? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

The intention is to make some bold predictions. Things you see a small possibility of happening. If you get it right cheers to you.

Take a look at the first comment of this thread. Crazy, isn’t it? I think not even The author of the comment believed it would happen and it did

https://www.reddit.com/r/oscarrace/comments/e9e9qt/whats_your_no_guts_no_glory_prediction/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan will win the Globe! <— you are at this level of cope

Hmm. But looking at your predictions didn’t you predict that too?

So you’re calling yourself delusional too? That’s an interestingly novel concept.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

How many of you think Andra Day will WIN the Oscar?

I think she has a chance but it depends on who wins CC, SAG and BAFTA. I still have her winning CC.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Respect had came out this year, Jennifer Hudson would’ve taken Andra spot. No way three actresses would’ve been nominated for such similar roles.

Profile picture
    Irie
    Topics:

Ngl it’s so funny how Sam Levinson Malcolm and Marie flopped.

I think the opposite… it sold for over 10 times what is was made for, and was written and shot in 2-3 weeks. If it’d been made with the time, financial and creative investment put into a typical Oscar bait I’d call it a flop in that context. But for a project made entirely because Zendaya was bored and wanted to give the Euphoria crew work it overperformed (CC nom aside, it’s notable that a WOC made the BAFTA long list in her first lead film role, despite the flaws of said film).

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I decided to rewatch Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom again. My third watch and it just got better. Chadwick Boseman so deserves that Oscar!

It’s a funny thing about me and performances. I see one and I think it’s great, then I see another and think it’s just as great if not greater. That’s what happened with me and Viola Davis. She was in my first spot until Rosamund Pike pushed her down a notch and then Frances McDormand and then Andra Day. Now watching Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom again, I put Viola in a tie with Frances – sorry Rosamund (you’re still excellent). And Andra Day is still my number one – I so loved her Billie Holiday. I just really need to see Promising Young Woman so I can feel where Carey Mulligan fits into the Best Actress puzzle. I so love the Best Actress race this year.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I don’t know how JackO has the guts to come for Mulligan and Promising Young Woman, when he’s supporting Razzielly Elegy and the two biggest losers in Hollywood Amy Adams and Glenn Close.

Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

Well despite Glenn and Gaga tying at CC, don’t forget Olivia didn’t go empty handed since she won Best Actress in a Comedy

That award meant nothing for her chances.

Profile picture
    Adriano Danger Caporusso
    Topics:

It’s a very Globes win. I don’t see this repeating anywhere though

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Janelle Monae is really good in Antebellum. Sad that the movie was horrible.

Anyway, here’s my wishlist having seen most of the contenders…
    Rosamund Pike, I Care a Lot
    Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    Andra Day, The United States vs. Billie Holiday
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman

My actual Oscar guess for now: remove Pike and add Davis.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

If Respect had came out this year, Jennifer Hudson would’ve taken Andra spot. No way three actresses would’ve been nominated for such similar roles.

Hmm I don’t know about that. I think Kirby would have likely been the one pushed out with Andra still winning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am quite unfamiliar with the process behind “moving contenders from supporting to lead à la Winslet” but is there still time for Bakalova and Foster to go lead?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.