Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 512 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I can’t believe Billie Holliday couldn’t even score a nomination at the costume guilds ☠️☠️☠️

The prospects for this film are soo bad outside of Andra Day.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I can’t believe Billie Holliday couldn’t even score a nomination at the costume guilds ☠️☠️☠️ The prospects for this film are soo bad outside of Andra Day.

Atleast it won best film at grown up awards today lol

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

All of a sudden, y’all now believe that Emma Stone deserved her Oscar because a black woman is about to win one. The bias is real.

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

To be honest, The United States vs Billie Holiday deserves to win costume. That guild is being mischievous

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not Kord plagiarising my name by creating an account called “WolfAli2021” lmfao.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

If BAFTA and SAG winner are the same then the race is over.

Absolutely

And we’re getting a 3-way race if SAG and BAFTA split between two of Carey/Viola/Frances

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

People just want her to fall lol, News of the World was stronger than Billie Holiday and it missed too yet her film is the first to be brought up in the convo.

The first reaction in the Crafts thread is about News of the World missing. And since when can’t we talk about her movie not doing so good at the guilds? It is forbidden or what?

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Kord is back 😂😂😂🤣.

Profile picture
    L@br@dor
    Topics:

Yeah I agree that all of those films are better than <i>The Untied States vs Billie Holiday </i>and apart from Zendaya I preferred all of those performances I listed to Day’s but it still doesn’t stop Day’s performance from being better than her Razzie worthy film.

why didn’t you like Zendaya’s performance ?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Kord is back 😂😂😂🤣.

Everyday he comes here with a new throwaway account.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Not Kord plagiarising my name by creating an account called “WolfAli2021” lmfao.

What is this mess, I thought that was you for a second 💀

chile anyway

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

Statistics can always be  broken, Andra can still win without SAG and BAFTA, I mean before Denzel Washington no other actor had won an oscar after losing all the precursors to the same person( Russell Crowe) also before Shape of water no other movie had won best picture without a SAG ensemble nomination.There is always  first time for everything. Anyway if not Andra its Davis, the rest are just happy they are nominated.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Bad films shouldn’t be recognized at an award ceremony whose purpose is to award the best of the best. It’s really naïve I know, but I actually don’t care if the performance was so incredible that it saved the film from being a total piece of shit. It’s still a piece of shit movie. But that’s my opinion.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Bad films shouldn’t be recognized at an award ceremony whose purpose is to award the best of the best. It’s really naïve I know, but I actually don’t care if the performance was so incredible that it saved the film from being a total piece of shit. It’s still a piece of shit movie. But that’s my opinion.

Well, it’s not Best Actress in the Best Movie, it’s just Best Actress. If the performance was the most incredible, it should win imho even if it was in a garbage fire of a movie. But I can see your point; USvBH was unbearable, and Andra’s good acting couldn’t change that for me. When a movie is this awfully made, it’s beyond saving by any performance.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Well, it’s not Best Actress in the Best Movie, it’s just Best Actress. If the performance was the most incredible, it should win imho even if it was in a garbage fire of a movie. But I can see your point; USvBH was unbearable, and Andra’s good acting couldn’t change that for me. When a movie is this awfully made, it’s beyond saving by any performance.

I do see what y’all are saying by that, but for me it actually is, well should be would be more accurate.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.