Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

“passion with the cca members” isn’t a thing. If they think she might win, they will vote for her; that’s why they exist.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

but Carey still feels like the obvious(?) choice here.

I don’t think she’s the “obvious” choice tbh. Again, CCA members =|= critics’ awards voters. There are certainly a lot of Mulligan and PYW stans who are voters and from whom we’ve heard — prime example: Matt Neglia — but I wouldn’t be shocked if people like Dennis Harvey were also voters. The voting body consists of more online bloggers than it does of, as aforementioned, real “critics.” This group is also infamous for wanting to be the No. 1 Oscar prognosticator — they even admit it. And since Best Actress is so up in the air now, anything can happen. Then add Mr. Berlin’s statement in which he literally bragged about all the POC nominated and emphasized how they’ll “do them justice” (not a direct quote) — I just don’t think Carey is obvious, though she can very, very much still happen.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

but I wouldn’t be shocked if people like Dennis Harvey were also voters. The voting body consists of more online bloggers than it does of, as aforementioned, real “critics.”

I thought it was the BROADCAST Film Critics Association. Maybe there’s a bunch of loopholes there or he does a podcast I’ve never heard of

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

They used to be BFCA; they’re now CCA. Again, that’s an assumption; not a proven fact. I might easily be wrong. I was just trying to give an example to explain that there’s a wide range of voters in CCA.

This is what I found — for further clarification:

“BFCA members are “working critics whose reviews are broadcast on a regular basis to a wide audience, either on television, on radio, or (in special cases) on the internet.” More specific requirements must be met by radio- and internet-based critics:[3

Radio film critics “must be heard in at least five markets in addition to their primary radio station, unless their primary outlet is in a major city” such as New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, St. Louis, and Toronto

Internet-based critics must be “well-known print critics as well, or among the few internet critics whose reviews are read by a large enough audience”, are “easily accessible on their site,” and “identified as the site’s primary critic.”

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

This is confusing

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

IMDb still lists them as the BFCA

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

This is confusing

I just edited my post with a description I found.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Keep saying that because some people here think Critics Choice are actual critics awards. They need to be aware they’re not, never were and never will.

Actually they seem to have been once. In its first few years the BFCA awarded just one winner with no official nominees like the New York Film Critics Circle. And some of their choices were more left-field, or at least less Oscar predicty. Gradually they began to sell their souls to the devil.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I just edited my post with a description I found.

This helps, thank you

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

OUATIH over 1917 and Parasite was just a ridiculously failed attempt to predict the Oscar frontrunner.

Sometimes they do their own things, but most times they’re just the Pundits Awards.

Lol people keep saying this and I don’t think they care, especially if they’re giving it to Chadwick, Kaluuya and YUYU. Also, They gave it to Viola in 2011.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

The CC and SAG needs to go.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Lol people keep saying this and I don’t think they care, especially if they’re giving it to Chadwick, Kaluuya and YUYU. Also, They gave it to Viola in 2011.

Chadwick and Kaluuya won the Globe, so that’s not a strong argument

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The CC and SAG needs to go.

What’s wrong with SAG?

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

What’s wrong with SAG?

Like the others, they only try to predict the Oscars and they have a hard-on for veyeran acts. There doesn’t seem to be genuine voting. Plus, their stunt nominees are a disgrace to stunt work.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

So all 4 acting categories will be won from a movie thats not winning best picture lol. Damn.

Also, the dig is doing very good on netflix. Careys visibility is very good right now.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.