Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 512 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

So all 4 acting categories will be won from a movie thats not winning best picture lol. Damn. Also, the dig is doing very good on netflix. Careys visibility is very good right now.

</p>
    The BP winner doesn’t win an acting award as often as we’d all think. Parasite, Shape of Water, Spotlight, Birdman, Argo, Hurt Locker, Slumdog, Departed, Crash, etc. Doesn’t surprise me.

Still going with Carey until proven otherwise. It’d feel like a betrayal

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Technically, tomorrow we’ll know who wins at AACTA. Does anybody know exactly when? In their site they just say March 5th pacific time.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Chadwick and Kaluuya won the Globe, so that’s not a strong argument

So? I don’t think they just gonna vote for Andra just cause she black.And I don’t think many of them yet believe shes a frontrunner to take the Oscar just like Rami Malek. In other words, since they don’t believe she’s a frontrunner they won’t vote for her.

Remember most of theM are Oscar pundits. But also, I don’t think they’ve ever given an acting win to a rotten film.

They gave it to Viola instead of Meryl for the Iron Lady for example.

They don’t like Billie Holliday same way they didn’t like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

What’s wrong with SAG?

Nominating Amy Adams for Razzibilly Elegy and Jared Leto.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

What’s wrong with SAG?

Giving Renee, Frances, Viola, Alec Baldwin, etc a win everytime they’re in contention for example.

We need unbiased award bodies.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Nominating Amy Adams for Razzibilly Elegy and Jared Leto.

And nominating them instead of Paul Raci, Delroy Lindo, and Amanda Seyfried

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

And I don’t think many of them yet believe shes a frontrunner to take the Oscar just like Rami Malek. In other words, since they don’t believe she’s a frontrunner they won’t vote for her.

That’s partly why I’m hesitant to predict her, but they did hop on board with Mahershala for Green Book pretty quickly. Granted, Green Book some fucking how had decent reviews

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Giving Renee, Frances, Viola, Alec Baldwin, etc a win everytime they’re in contention for example.

We need unbiased award bodies.

Renee won two of her SAG Awards when she swept and the two for Chicago were because they loved the movie. And she almost won the Oscar for the role.

Frances won two (three inc. the ensemble win for 3BB) also when she won the Oscar, one when she swept. The other for the role that earned her an Emmy Award.

Viola is the harder one because she did won twice for HTGAWM, but all her 5 wins make sense. She indeed almost won the Oscar for The Help, won the Emmy for HTGAWM and the Oscar for Fences.

They do LOVE Alec Baldwin. I’ll give you that.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

That’s partly why I’m hesitant to predict her, but they did hop on board with Mahershala for Green Book pretty quickly. Granted, Green Book some fucking how had decent reviews

Mahershala was always seen as the frontrunner for that. The buzz for Billie Holliday was dead before Andra won the Globe and before that the talk was “she would be lucky to even get nominated.”

Same thing with Eddie Redmayne. They didn’t buy into his win at the Globes. They still gave it to Keaton cause they thought he was the frontrunner. It was SAG that solidified the Redmayne win.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Mahershala was always seen as the frontrunner for that. The buzz for Billie Holliday was dead before Andra won the Globe and before that the talk was “she would be lucky to even get nominated.”

I remember thinking it was hm vs Richard E Grant. Or was that just Matt Neglia?

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Mahershala was always seen as the frontrunner for that. The buzz for Billie Holliday was dead before Andra won the Globe and before that the talk was “she would be lucky to even get nominated.” Same thing with Eddie Redmayne. They didn’t buy into his win at the Globes. They still gave it to Keaton cause they thought he was the frontrunner. It was SAG that solidified the Redmayne win.

And they obviously never believed Rami Malek could win the Oscar. They went with Christian Bale since he had some sort of narrative for a lead win. They thought it was his time

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Of course the CC are going to pick Andra as the winner especially after that statement by the CC chief. No, she’s not gonna tie with Carey lol. And no, the BAFTA is not gonna save Carey either. Let it go already. You could say that the Golden Globe is the most accurate predictor of the best actress Oscar because the last time somebody won the Oscar without winning a Globe was 19 years ago.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I remember thinking it was hm vs Richard E Grant. Or was that just Matt Neglia?

I mean Ali was always the frontrunner by a mile. People thought Grant had a chance because he swept the regional critics.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

And no, the BAFTA is not gonna save Carey either.

If she’s not winning who is? Only possible alternative is Frances, and that’s cause they’re probably gonna give Nomadland Best Picture

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Of course the CC are going to pick Andra as the winner especially after that statement by the CC chief. No, she’s not gonna tie with Carey lol. And no, the BAFTA is not gonna save Carey either. Let it go already. You could say that the Golden Globe is the most accurate predictor of the best actress Oscar because the last time somebody won the Oscar without winning a Globe was 19 years ago.

That has nothing to do with whether CC would actually choose her lmao. I just gave you a couple of examples of many times Golden Globe winners who weren’t seen as “front runners” at the time didn’t go on to win CC because CC are mostly Oscar pundits who don’t believe Andra has a chance of winning the award just yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.