Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 512 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The tie with Glenn and Gaga was kindof obvious. They really didn’t know who would win at the time between Glenn, Gaga, and Olivia. They thought it was a tossup between the three. Therefore, they gave both Glenn and Gaga Drama, while Olivia won Comedy. and then they were like “See we were the only ones who actually predicted Colman.”

LMAO.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I was honestly surprised that Glenn won lmao. Albeit that was my first year predicting

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And no, the BAFTA is not gonna save Carey either

And who is winning BAFTA instead if it’s not her or McDormand lol?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

People only McDormand can win BAFTA if not Carey. There’s no passion for Viola and Alfree Woodard will be giving her a run for her money since she out acts her in every way possible.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Why have so many people jumped ship on Carey Mulligan? I mean if you think Andra Day is the new frontrunner, fine, but some people have switched to Viola Davis or Frances McDormand. Why? Genuine question, not sarcastic.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

People only McDormand can win BAFTA if not Carey. There’s no passion for Viola and Alfree Woodard will be giving her a run for her money since she out acts her in every way possible.

Alfre isn’t taking out Viola. Clemency is such an under seen movie that I’m surprised Alfre made the longlist to begin with. I agree Viola has no shot at winning the BAFTA, but they’re not gonna snub her for Alfre

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Why have so many people jumped ship on Carey Mulligan? I mean if you think Andra Day is the new frontrunner, fine, but some people have switched to Viola Davis or Frances McDormand. Why? Genuine question, not sarcastic.

She’s still #1 in combined odds with over 3000 votes, over 1500 more than Viola. The people who didn’t jump ship just aren’t as vocal about it

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I just saw Land and… it was not great. It wasn’t a terrible film by any means but the script felt quite messy and scattered, it focused itself more on the emotional aspects of the story (which isn’t a bad thing) but it left no time for much depth and made for a rather confusing story.

She stands no chance at a nomination but Robin Wright was excellent nonetheless and would have been a deserving nominee (yes her film was so so but apart from Minari, NomadlandMa Rainey and Promising Young Woman all the films the contenders for a nomination are competing for are “so so”). I hope she gets her due from the AMPAS one day (she obviously won’t get it this year) because it’s getting ridiculous at this point. She should have been nominated (and imo won) for Forrest Gump and is truly one of the best performers of her generation.

Also her direction really shows potential. I can’t wait to see what she does next with it (especially with her upcoming turn on Ozark).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I do think the race is wide open but I wonder why people are ruling out Mulligan already too. Especially considering how much European and British bloc support her film has.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I don’t see a scenario where Carey picks up steam at the very end of the race. The London critics ignored PYW, the Globes ignored PYW, but the BAFTA is gonna come along and save the day at the very end!!!!!!!! Lol give me a break.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t see a scenario where Carey picks up steam at the very end of the race. The London critics ignored PYW, the Globes ignored PYW, but the BAFTA is gonna come along and save the day at the very end!!!!!!!! Lol give me a break.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Do London critics line up with the BAFTAs THAT much? Plus PYW got 13 longlist mentions. More than Joker’s nomination count. Obviously I’m not insinuating that it’s gonna get more nominations than Joker, but there is support for that movie amongst the British industry

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do London critics line up with the BAFTAs THAT much?

The past three winners in Actress matched up with the BAFTA winner but like these people gave Charlotte Rampling Best Actress whilst BAFTA snubbed her. McDormand obviously won’t be snubbed and I guess she could take Actress but she’s not a lock to win because she won a critics award lmao.

The haters seem pressed.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The haters seem pressed.

Carey will get her revenge. Whether it’s for PYW or Maestro, she’s coming for that Oscar. And I will campaign for her if I have to.

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t really think people have jumped ship on Carey Mulligan. Maybe a few people, but the vast majority is still predicting her. I think those who are assume she wins the combo of SAG and BAFTA. If the doesn’t win one or both, this gets very hard for her. Because I envision SAG going to Davis and BAFTA to Mulligan, I see Day ultimately taking the Oscar. If Davis somehow manages to win both BAFTA and SAG, Day will have competition. Same goes for Mulligan ofc. I don’t buy, and have never bought, Frances as the winner.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.