Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 512 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion : Viola Davis is not overdue for a Lead Actress Oscar. She’s a great actress and I have a lot of respect for her but when I take a look at her filmography, there aren’t really a lot of leading performances except The Help, Fences (I don’t think I’m being controversial by saying that was a lead role), Fences and Ma Rainey. She deserves one and she will get one, that’s certain. But is she really overdue ? I don’t really think so… And I hope I’m clear (English isn’t my first language), I just want to say that to me Davis isn’t overdue for a Lead Actress Oscar. I’m not saying she shouldn’t get one or doesn’t deserve it.

Yes she was a lead in Fences and she won an Oscar for that. She’s not THAT good of an actress that would she deserve to win a second Oscar. That’s quite overblown.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I’m not saying she shouldn’t get one or doesn’t deserve it.

Agreed, she isn’t particularly overdue yet compared to others, I see no scenario where she doesn’t pick up at-least one lead Oscar in her career. It’s almost inevitable, her role of Ma is not the lead with the most screen time in the film and with the lack of support for the film itself two wins is difficult.

Viola Davis will receive an award for a leading performance sooner or later, and until she does the overdue factor will just grow further into her favour

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

She’s not THAT good of an actress that would she deserve to win a second Oscar.

That’s just completely distasteful and untrue, she has nothing left to prove to you or anybody regarding her acting talents. Surely her work on stage tells you that itself?

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She’s not THAT good of an actress that would she deserve to win a second Oscar. That’s quite overblown.

She’s just as good if not better than most of the white actors who have won multiple times.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Her acting talent is completely undisputed aside from this forum? In what world does someone go about slandering the Viola Davis’ ability to act?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

he’s not THAT good of an actress that would she deserve to win a second Oscar.

Viola Davis should have won an Oscar for each of her past three nominated performances lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Yes she was a lead in Fences and she won an Oscar for that. She’s not THAT good of an actress that would she deserve to win a second Oscar. That’s quite overblown.

She’s not one of the GOAT for me but she definitely is a very talented actress. Imo she hasn’t really had the opportunity to show fully her range.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Agreed, she isn’t particularly overdue yet compared to others, I see no scenario where she doesn’t pick up at-least one lead Oscar in her career. It’s almost inevitable, her role of Ma is not the lead with the most screen time in the film and with the lack of support for the film itself two wins is difficult.

Viola Davis will receive an award for a leading performance sooner or later, and until she does the overdue factor will just grow further into her favour

Just like Glenn right. 😂.

Viola is a good actress. She can deliver the theatrics. But becoming different people isn’t her thing. She kind of does one thing over and over again.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Regarding the Golden Globe never missing the Actress winner since like early 2000s.

Remember they have two categories for Best Actress. It’s harder to not crown the winner when you have two ways of doing it.

Like everyone said. One of the stats will be broken no matter what.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Big DISAGREEMENT there.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Has anyone noticed how this thread has the following life cycle:

1) ”Who is winning?”

2) ”You’re delusional”

3) ”Fucking Mulligan stans”

4) ”Y’all rooting for white actresses should be ashamed”

5) ”I wish _______ had won in ______” (I have the gold subscription to this one)

-Interlude of GIFs and jokes- (Love this!!!)

6) ”Amy Adams was robbed of that Razzie”

7) ”Frances really doesn’t give a fuck”

8) Assorted ceremonies details and updates of those ceremonies messing up

-Short break to create unnecessary controversy-

9) ”Fucking Mulligan stans”

10) ”Viola is a limited actress”

The town gathers and explains Victor C he has an unhealthy obsession.

*Starts again*

It’s funny-sad. I swear, there is more stability and consistency here than in my love life.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

”Frances really doesn’t give a fuck” beign my personal favourite lmao

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

*Starts again* It’s funny-sad. I swear, there is more stability and consistency here than in my love life.

😭 I’ve only been here a week but I see it

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Think what you will of Clayton Davis, but the only one of the 5 main contenders that he would nominate for Best Actress if he had an Oscar ballot is….Vanessa Kirby. He knows that it’s the strongest performance of the year.

https://variety.com/2021/artisans/awards/personal-oscars-ballot-2021-clayton-davis-1234921139/

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Think what you will of Clayton Davis, but the only one of the 5 main contenders that he would nominate for Best Actress if he had an Oscar ballot is….Vanessa Kirby. He knows that it’s the strongest performance of the year.

https://variety.com/2021/artisans/awards/personal-oscars-ballot-2021-clayton-davis-1234921139/

then I must assume Focus is paying him under the table because he has been riding PYW hard.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.