Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 535 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 37.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Posting it again here:

Sometimes I really wish there were more women on these forums.

Do you guys really believe the 20 minute birthing scene is not going to have an impact on women who have, idkk, given birth? Like that scene alone secured Kirby her nomination, and is probably why she got nominated in all the precursors despite her film not being a top player.

I have seen so many women constantly bring up the birth scene and how much it impacted them. Kirby is not getting snubbed.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

You guys are STILL debating the whole “Kirby will miss” crap???? You do realize that many of your predictions have turned out wrong?

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

likelihood of getting a nomination

1. Frances McDormand

2. Viola Davis

3. Carey Mulligan

4. Andra Day

5. Vanessa Kirby

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I think we’ve got a top 5 of Davis, Day, Kirby, McDormand and Mulligan (not in that order).

The thing I’ve started to realise after considering Pike is why would the Academy nominate her when her film won’t get nominated for anything else either? At least Pieces of a Woman is probably like 8th 10th in Supporting Actress or something like that.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Likelihood of nomination:

1. McDormand
    2. Mulligan
    3. Davis
    4. Day
    5. Kirby

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I am obsessed with how the last thread ended

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Day vs davis

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

This forum is full of bitchy gay men who have no idea the struggles of women’s issues and are racist. Fuck y’all for bitching  on these actresses. Misogyny in the gay community is real. Chris Beachum you are not even doing a good job moderating. I’m done with goldderby peace

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I made a mistake in the last thread saying Ramplin won a Volpi Cup in her Oscar nominated performance but that was in a different film so Kirby’s path to the Oscar is somewhat unique and a first. Perhaps Kirby could Naomi Watts her way to an Oscar nomination, making it all in the precursors and being their film’s only nomination at the Oscars.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I agree that more women on here would be nice. I’m a woman in my 30’s who has no interest in having children so I can’t say birthing scenes effect me in any deep way outside of looking very painful. The Pieces of a Women birthing scene seemed realistic to me though. I’ll give the filmmakers and Kirby their due on that front. I wouldn’t be shocked if the voters who had given birth before were impressed enough to pencil Kirby in.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

This forum is full of bitchy gay men who have no idea the struggles of women’s issues and are racist. Fuck y’all for bitching on these actresses. Misogyny in the gay community is real. Chris Beachum you are not even doing a good job moderating. I’m done with goldderby peace

Imagine addressing the forum’s misogynistic and racist trolls by being borderline homophobic

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Posting it again here: Sometimes I really wish there were more women on these forums. Do you guys really believe the 20 minute birthing scene is not going to have an impact on women who have, idkk, given birth? Like that scene alone secured Kirby her nomination, and is probably why she got nominated in all the precursors despite her film not being a top player. I have seen so many women constantly bring up the birth scene and how much it impacted them. Kirby is not getting snubbed.

Absolutely! Amanda Seyfried looked absolutely stunned when Vanessa explained she shot it over just 2 days in actors on actors. And Michelle Pfeiffer couldn’t stop praising & serenading Vanessa in a round table for the performance and that scene particularly.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Updated Personal Picks

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Frances McDormand
    3. Rosamund Pike
    4. Vanessa Kirby
    5. Sophia Loren

6. Bukky Bakray
    7. Morfydd Clark
    8. Meryl Streep (LTAT)
    9. Amy Adams
    10. Jessie Buckley

11. Viola Davis
    12. Kate Winslet
    13. Yeri Han
    14. Meryl Streep (TP)
    15. Rashida Jones

16. Andra Day
    17. Millie Bobby Brown
    18. Zendaya
    19. Rose Byrne
    20. Tiffany Haddish

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

Kirby wouldn’t get nominated in a more typical non-pandemic year, IMO. I haven’t seen that much evidence that women who have experienced birth are universally obsessed with her performance, lol, but there isn’t much else competition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.