Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 535 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Andra Day to win tomorrow night at Critics Choice

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Moss is going to have a hard time getting Best Actress nom in any year and the reason why is cause she’s seen as a TV Actress which holds better for her in supporting.

Profile picture
    IH18
    Topics:

Sorry to interrupt,but is Sasha Stone a full blown racist /Trump supporter now? I really hope this isn’t true as I used to admire her but have you seen her Twitter post recently?

Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

I get sick of the biopic stuff too- the Academy loves this and it’s not just Best Actress. Since 1998, the Academy has honored an actor playing a real person with at least once of it’s winners. I was reading about how Glenn Close doesn’t like the whole technical aspect of playing real people and I agree: overly mannered, channeling/mimicry is a turnoff for me. Cate Blanchett in The Aviator is a good example of this.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The only biopics deserving of wins were:

Charlize Theron in Monster
    Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose

They took the biopic performance to a whole new level and no actor has been able to touch what they accomplished.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

I have to agree that constantly favoring biopic performances needs to stop. Last year, Lupita Nyong’o was ignored despite giving one of the boldest, what seemed like one of the most challenging performances of the year, but she was held back because the movie and the type of role(s) weren’t in academy’s wheelhouse. But they’re obsessed with biopics and people playing real-life people, so I won’t believe in a change of taste until I see it. And that’s not to say that performers who fit their bill aren’t deserving. Olivia Colman was absolutely deserving and so is, IMO, Viola Davis this year — though neither contended/contends for a biopic.

Exactly! Even tho Toni Collette got badly snubbed for one of the best performances of the decade in Colman’s year

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

I just found out that Andra Day’s name is Cassandra, Mulligan’s character name, it would be a sign?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I just found out that Andra Day’s name is Cassandra, Mulligan’s character name, it would be a sign?

CassANDRA. Makes sense now.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Well if carey wins this year. Halle berry could win best actress next year for bruised.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Moss is going to have a hard time getting Best Actress nom in any year and the reason why is cause she’s seen as a TV Actress which holds better for her in supporting.

Well, Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington were both seen as TV actors before they made the transition to leading men in movies, and won Best Actor Oscars.  And certainly Helen Hunt was seen as a TV actress before she won her Best Actress Oscar.   My sense is that the TV/move acting distinction and bias is eroding.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

It’s refreshing that she seems most genuinely interested in daring, challenging roles in independent movies that had no chance of being seen without her in it! But I agree, she deserves more recognition.

I love that tbh. She’s really developing an incredible range.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

guys how are you watching all these movies outside of the US btw? i’ve been trying to watch promising young woman for weeks and have still not found any link. does anyone have a source?

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

guys how are you watching all these movies outside of the US btw? i’ve been trying to watch promising young woman for weeks and have still not found any link. does anyone have a source?

Illegal streaming 🤐

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think this race really depends on if Davis wins at SAG because if she doesn’t then I think it’s either Day vs Mulligan or Day just wins the Oscar.

If Mulligan wins SAG + BAFTA then it’s probably over but I wouldn’t call her a lock for the win even in that case. Andra has a very strong narrative that would be foolish to ignore.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Andra or Viola is winning. Their making a statement this year. Sickening how Halle is the only black female lead actress winner in the history of the Oscars.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.