Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 535 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

I honestly don’t feel the need to constantly respond to overreactive responses all the time. Don’t care for the claims that Andra or Carey are a lock right now. Andra not being nominated for SAG nor BAFTA is a huge issue and Carey not winning that Globe is a huge issue. They both have things working against them. SAG, BAFTA and CC should clear things up a little. Promising Young Woman will get plenty of major nominations. Anyone claiming differently is overreacting far too much to the Globe loses. Just like the Pike getting in over Kirby nonsense. Pike is not getting in over Kirby. I like Pike’s performance more than Kirby’s and honestly more than Carey’s but she is not getting in.

In my opinion, Carey is better than Pike, who’s better than Kirby who’s better than Davis. Still have to watch Andra.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Lbr. Yall think the academy is really going to give the oscar to carey for pyw..i dont see it happening.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Lbr. Yall think the academy is really going to give the oscar to carey for pyw..i dont see it happening.

I’ll put it to you this way. If Carey doesn’t win SAG, I’m not predicting her to win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

“Andra Day Honored by Black Women Film Network for ‘Billie Holiday role” The Hollywood Reporter… We can all agree that Andra Day gave the performance of the year… so far. Basically her narrative is becoming more and more undeniable.

Viola was right there lol yet they chose andra. True

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

viola is winning sag and bafta, u heard it here first. bookmark me

BAFTA could totally happen! No Black actress has ever won that category before. It would be history 🙌🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

BAFTA could totally happen! No Black actress has ever won that category before. It would be history 🙌🏾

So I see the Viola delusion is still going on 😂😂🤣.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

So there will definitely be a stat broken in this category this year regardless of who wins.

The best broken stat possible for this race is the Globe Drama winner not getting nominated.

Any decent actress could have given a decent performance as Andra Day did. The role sells itself. It’s not great acting.

Rosamund Pike did actual masterful acting, and unique acting, I’m going to stick with the already established great actress getting recognition from her peers. Andra is nobody as an actress and she didn’t get to meet as many voters this year, because of circumstances. Her film is rotten. Will voters respect this offering enough? Does her Globe win, in a year where far less people watched the ceremony, actually carry the necessary weight?

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

So I see the Viola delusion is still going on 😂😂🤣.

So I see the Viola denial is still going on.

BAFTA could happen. SAG is likelier.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

So I see the Viola denial is still going on.

BAFTA could happen. SAG is likelier.

Hun, I wouldn’t be denying her if she at least won something. She’s the biggest loser of the season.

It’s the same situation as Glenn Close she keeps losing and people are still finding excuses. She’s losing period no passion.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Viola has an Oscar. She’s not going to be Oscarless if she loses.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Viola has an Oscar. She’s not going to be Oscarless if she loses.

Exactly why she’s not winning anything this year. She recently won and there’s a shiny new object (Andra Day) who already stole the only narrative she had.

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Some of you laugh at my February comment about the highest powers of America will reward a black actor and actress (Viola) after a black man just gave the presidency to Biden… 5 days later Hillary tweeted about Andra.

I change my comment to ANDRA DAY instead of Viola.

I feel bad for Carey who has the performance that will be iconic and Frances who killed it again. Frances will win her 3rd Oscar as producer, so congrats!

By the way, I loved Andra in the movie, not as good as Rennee or Marion but better than Grillz. The Strange Fruit performance is awesome and Tigress & Tweed is my new Spotify obsession.

Who will win: DAY

Who who should win: Mulligan

The other 3:

Kirby
    Davis
    McDormand

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Alfred Woodard deserves to win BAFTA!!!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

The best broken stat possible for this race is the Globe Drama winner not getting nominated.

Any decent actress could have given a decent performance as Andra Day did. The role sells itself. It’s not great acting.

Rosamund Pike did actual masterful acting, and unique acting, I’m going to stick with the already established great actress getting recognition from her peers. Andra is nobody as an actress and she didn’t get to meet as many voters this year, because of circumstances. Her film is rotten. Will voters respect this offering enough? Does her Globe win, in a year where far less people watched the ceremony, actually carry the necessary weight?

The phrase I’ve emboldened can also be applied to why Day will get in. It’s pretty rare for biopic performances to be snubbed once they’ve established themselves in the race. And even if very few people watched the Globe ceremony, there was still plenty of press coverage to draw voters’ attention to her win.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.