Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 535 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

Contradiction much?

Well Pike’s performance is better than Day’s. I have a problem with singer playing singers like Gaga and Day. Gaga was awful performance wise, her character just shouted and emoted with no backstory, no real purpose other than to support Bradley’s amazing performance.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Lol @ the fact that this forum is usually filled with SJW yet everyone seems discontent with a WoC winning best actress for the 2nd in 94 years and it’s not like she’s undeserving.

Estre – wolfa? What’s next? Riley LucaSNPrimeMinister MaRaineyYeriHan Thatcher? Love these 10th accounts so that you can say the same thing multiple times without being repetitive. We know who you are LOL

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Thought y’all were performative but again all we needed was just a kind of conflict of interest situation to see your true feelings appear. Your precious white Mulligan is loosing so everyone is now trashing Day forgetting how they been rooting for diversity and stuff… truly pathetic.

Kord can you go away once and for all. 😂🤣

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Thought y’all were performative but again all we needed was just a kind of conflict of interest situation to see your true feelings appear. Your precious white Mulligan is loosing so everyone is now trashing Day forgetting how much they been rooting for diversity and stuff… truly pathetic.

When you get deported to your South America country, I swear i won’t be using Goldderby again.

So you come in here saying we should be celebrating a POC winning this category then tell someone they’re gonna be deported? What a contradiction

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Jerd97556777
    Topics:

VIOLA DAVIS IS WINNING THIS AWARD THESE WHITE TRASH PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM NEED TO TAKE A BREAK. VIOLA OR ANDRA DOESN’T NEED YOUR STUPID VALIDATION TO WIN THIS FUCKING AWARD YOU ALL LIKE TO THROW STUPID NARRATIVE THAT THEM WINNING IS POLITICAL OR WAVE WINS WHICH IS NOT . THEY DID WHAT THEY DID AND WHAT LITTLE COULD THEY DO TO WIN FUCKING OSCAR? EHH? AM SICK OF ALL TRASHING THESE BLACK QUEENS. FUCK YOUR NARRATIVE AND FUCK YOUR PERCEPTION REGARDING BLACK CHARACTER. VIOLA DESERVES THAT BEST Actress, Andra deserves it too so is Vanessa Kirby. Stop trying to make Carey the Joker for this season it’s not Happening bitches. I all remember your stupid ass thinking last two years praising singer than the actual ACTOR. YOU THINKING IS JUST POPULARITY CONTEXT NOTHING MORE.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

VIOLA DAVIS IS WINNING THIS AWARD THESE WHITE TRASH PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM NEED TO TAKE A BREAK. VIOLA OR ANDRA DOESN’T NEED YOUR STUPID VALIDATION TO WIN THIS FUCKING AWARD YOU ALL LIKE TO THROW STUPID NARRATIVE THAT THEM WINNING IS POLITICAL OR WAVE WINS WHICH IS NOT . THEY DID WHAT THEY DID AND WHAT LITTLE COULD THEY DO TO WIN FUCKING OSCAR? EHH? AM SICK OF ALL TRASHING THESE BLACK QUEENS. FUCK YOUR NARRATIVE AND FUCK YOUR PERCEPTION REGARDING BLACK CHARACTER. VIOLA DESERVES THAT BEST Actress, Andra deserves it too so is Vanessa Kirby. Stop trying to make Carey the Joker for this season it’s not Happening bitches. I all remember your stupid ass thinking last two years praising singer than the actual ACTOR. YOU THINKING IS JUST POPULARITY CONTEXT NOTHING MORE.

Kord Alert. 😂🤣.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

You mean like you when you complained about the lack of diversity in Best Actress then went on to trash a deserving woman of color performance because she’s more likely to win than your favorite white actress?

Tell me when I did that. Literally tell me, because I’ve been praising Viola and haven’t even seen Billie Holiday yet

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Stop yelling.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The best broken stat possible for this race is the Globe Drama winner not getting nominated. Any decent actress could have given a decent performance as Andra Day did. The role sells itself. It’s not great acting. Rosamund Pike did actual masterful acting, and unique acting, I’m going to stick with the already established great actress getting recognition from her peers. Andra is nobody as an actress and she didn’t get to meet as many voters this year, because of circumstances. Her film is rotten. Will voters respect this offering enough? Does her Globe win, in a year where far less people watched the ceremony, actually carry the necessary weight?

I will be completely shocked at this point if Pike gets in over Day.

It’s no secret I am a big fan of Kirby and her performance but I feel like she’s more vulnerable to missing to Pike at this point not Day.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Whether it’s Andra or Carey, major stats are being broken this year. At this point, I’m considering whether they could somehow wind up tying

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whether it’s Andra or Carey, major stats are being broken this year. At this point, I’m considering whether they could somehow wind up tying

That will spell the end of Gold Derby.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

Carey wasn’t all that masterful for some of y’all to say you feel bad for her because two other WOC (who were phenomenal in their movies) may steal “her” Oscar. Her performance was good but let’s not get carried away. Lol.

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I’m still going for Andra Day tonight at Critics Choice. She and Carey Mulligan could tie.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Carey wasn’t all that masterful for some of y’all to say you feel bad for her because two other WOC (who were phenomenal in their movies) may steal “her” Oscar. Her performance was good but let’s not get carried away. Lol.

PERIOD. Yall r thinking this pyw performance is TOP TIER and it really is not.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

No need to yell. U have valid points. Its true. But relax.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.