Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 535 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

What controversy? Haven’t heard of that.

It happened today so it had zero effect on the CC but Mulligan’s husband is Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons. The band’s banjoist / lead guitarist Winston Marshall is apparently fasc-friendly (I don’t know what Mumford & Mulligan think of this but it certainly isn’t good optics). There’s a universe where she has to stop talking about her work / the movie to do an apology tour for something she hopefully doesn’t support or even do.

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

Congrats to Carey, I enjoyed her movie but this is honestly still an open race. It’s between Andra, Carey, and Frances. I’ll throw in a bone for Kirby too because of a gut feeling I have for her. Sags and Baftas is what I’m looking at rn to determine a lock for anything.

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

It happened today so it had zero effect on the CC but Mulligan’s husband is Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons. The band’s banjoist / lead guitarist Winston Marshall is apparently fasc-friendly (I don’t know what Mumford & Mulligan think of this but it certainly isn’t good optics). There’s a universe where she has to stop talking about her work / the movie to do an apology tour for something she hopefully doesn’t support or even do.

It’s not her job to do an apology tour. It has nothing to do with her.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

It’s not her job to do an apology tour. It has nothing to do with her.

I agree but other people (especially people looking for easy headlines / clickbait) might disagree.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

What does an ENGLISH band member’s ENGLISH wife have to do with a purely AMERICAN movement? Thats certainly a reach.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I agree but other people (especially people looking for easy headlines / clickbait) might disagree.

Doubtful. Because there really isn’t any press interviews between now and SAG.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Andra’s role is very baity. She shoots up drugs, and there’s also a moment where she gets stark naked and has a graphic sex scene. Not to mention that the song that the film revolves around has to do with a controversial period in US history. I don’t think the Academy is going to pass it up.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Congrats to Carey, I enjoyed her movie but this is honestly still an open race. It’s between Andra, Carey, and Frances. I’ll throw in a bone for Kirby too because of a gut feeling I have for her. Sags and Baftas is what I’m looking at rn to determine a lock for anything.

Neah. It’ s over for Frances.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Sorry to ask this, but is there any Oscar nominated best lead performances by black woman that doesn’t involve racism?

Wallis in Beasts of the Southern Wild would seem like the clearest example (from what I remember; it’s been a decade). There are others where it’s not the central theme of the movie.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

LMAO this “controversy” will not affect Carey like at all. Even if she shares those beliefs – which I don’t think is the case – nobody is a fucking dumbass like Gina Carano to risk your career just to say stupid shit on the internet.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

While I definitely think her husband should expel the guitarist from his band, I really don’t see why Carey would even be asked about that situation. It has nothing to do with her at all.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Kirby is great in her film, but not even the best performance in it. She was always gonna be a filler nominee.

No matter how good or bad it is in front of all of you, she still gave a groundbreaking performance. I haven’t seen birth delivered onscreen as believable as she performed, and it can really propel her even more considering if this performance inspires many filmmakers to include birth scene in their films/series.

Plus, the way her character asked her baby when it turned (spoiler) blue, … I can’t imagine seeing that and tell other people that she’s not the MVP of this film. If someone votes for her, at least they will vote for that birth scene (or trial scene) because that’s just undeniably heartbreaking.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Congratulations to wolfali. If my girl ever decides to come out from retirement I hope you stan her.

I sure will!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Neah. It’ s over for Frances.

Well technically it’s not over for anyone yet since the nominees haven’t been announced. And then even at that point, it’s not decided. This isn’t a normal year.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

No matter how good or bad it is in front of all of you, she still gave a groundbreaking performance. I haven’t seen birth delivered onscreen as believable as she performed, and it can really propel her even more considering if this performance inspires many filmmakers to include birth scene in their films/series.

Plus, the way her character asked her baby when it turned (spoiler) blue, … I can’t imagine seeing that and tell other people that she’s not the MVP of this film. If someone votes for her, at least they will vote for that birth scene (or trial scene) because that’s just undeniably heartbreaking.

Lol, whatever you say.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.