Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 535 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    salt3degg
    Topics:

+1 for Mulligan. But who’s the darkhorse?

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

AACTA- Carey Mulligan
    Critics Choice- Carey Mulligan
    Golden Globe- Andra Day

Predictions:
    BAFTA- Carey Mulligan
    SAG- Carey Mulligan
    Oscar- Carey Mulligan

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    Alessandro Palumbo
    Topics:

Yes!
    Mulligan won, now stop pushing the overrated Day (already snub ed by SAGs and BAFTA). I have no idea Why the HFP let her win… I am almost sure The Academy will leave her at home.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

People, Sag will vote for a first time winner this year.

In other words: Carey Mulligan

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Davis could still win SAG they like her and the film more but BAFTA is definitely going to Mulligan.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

People, Sag will vote for a first time winner this year.

In other words: Carey Mulligan

I’m so glad you have a crystal ball to tell us this.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

I think Carey is winning SAG too. As for Supporting Actress…it’s a mess lmao.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

GG: Day CCA: Mulligan Predictions: SAG: Mulligan BAFTA: McDormand Oscar: Mulligan

No way is McDormand taking BAFTA. I’m fully expecting a Mulligan clean sweep from now & even if that isn’t the case the BAFTAs won’t resist the chance to create another British first time Oscar winner.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

Remember when Queen Frances denied Brenda Blethyn, Emily Watson, Kristin Scott Thomas, and Sally Hawkins (two of them starred in the Best Picture winner), let’s hope this time she’s finally leaving the best actress award to a great British actress and rightfully take the Best Picture win herself instead.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Some of you better remember Halle Berry💬💬💬💬💬💭💭💭💭💭💭

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Can we please be done with the nicknames? It was funny when Thatcher did it the first time but they’re really overused now that everybody does them and frankly not funny.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Mulligan gets nominated at BAFTA (which is still 50/50 because juries can be ruthless) then she is absolutely winning there under the general membership vote.

Whilst she isn’t anywhere as popular as Olivia Colman in the UK, she is quite well respected and we know that BAFTA (and most specifically the actors branch) loved <i>Promising Young Woman </i>because it’s long-listed 13 times and they all long-listed Bo Burnham. We’ve also seen lots of famous British actors and writers come out in support of this film online. I anticipate either it or The Father will pull a <i>The Favourite</i>/1917/Three Billboards where they are showered with love from BAFTA as the “big British* Oscar contending film”.

If she’s nominated I truly would be shocked if she loses.

Now as for SAG I think it’s solely a two horse race between Davis and Mulligan. If Mulligan wins it’s likely over (although I will say Day would be second in my predictions because Globe winner). If Davis wins it becomes more interesting. What both Mulligan and Davis should hope for though is that Vanessa Kirby makes the Oscars lineup. Otherwise I can see a scenario where SAG goes for Kirby like they did for Elba and Blunt and whilst that would be good news for Andra Day, it would not be good news for either Davis or Mulligan.

What I find interesting is how both Mulligan and Day have the typical strikes that bite performers in the back at the last minute. Day is a newcomer (something the actors branch tends to embrace less nowadays) and her film will not be a Best Picture nominee and she’ll likely be the sole nominee of her film and no non-veteran has won Best Actress as the sole nominee since Charlize Theron and without a Picture nom since Marion Cotillard. I think Mulligan could very well win with the support of men in the Academy but just like with <i>The Wife</i>, there’s a non zero chance that male voters will steer away from <i>Promising Young Woman</i> because they’re uninterested in the premise (although I’d say this is less of an issue for Mulligan if the film performs well on nominations day).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

It’s amazing to see the good will (sans two-three people) directed at Carey. Good for the absence of ties. Now, I am really curious to see who prevails at SAG.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Andra Day
    3. Viola Davis
    4. Frances McDormand
    5. Vanessa Kirby

6. Amy Adams
    7. Rosamund Pike

Happy International Women’s Day for all women in this forum!

Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

Hot take: When SAG hasn’t matched with Best Actress, I feel like the Oscar winner was always the runnerup at SAG with the exception of Olivia Colman. I feel like Gaga was second there due to the radio industry and star power. Everyone else(Lange, Swank, Kidman, Cotillard, Streep) all came in second at SAG.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.