Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 535 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Pls don’t quote it otherwise others can see.

Fixed lol

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Anyway, we love frontrunners supporting each other. https://twitter.com/AndraDayMusic/status/1368836547697467392

Such a class act. Love her more by the day. She seems to have an incredible personality. I do feel bad for not liking her performance though. Such a shame. Like some people said, I also hope she doesn’t give up acting. She has incredible potential. Sadly, Billie Holiday was just not it for me.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Does anybody think that it was very grim that in PYW two women had to die for a man just to get arrested? Could this affect Carey’s chances to win?

Darling, that’s actually the point of the movie.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

His performance was absolutely not panned in Cherry? Lol? and I don’t know what 2 critics you’ve chose to listen to out of the manyyyy others who thought otherwise and that the russos were the only problem but stay pressed x

First of all, this is a massive spoiler. Have some decency when talking about movies some people haven’t seen. And second of all, if anything, that might actually help Her.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Does anybody think that it was very grim that in PYW two women had to die for a man just to get arrested? Could this affect Carey’s chances to win?

I’m tired of reading spoilers in this thread. Some people haven’t seen the movie! Why are the mods still sleeping on this issue?

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

Just joining in on this thread… Mulligan definitely the presumptive frontrunner at this point.

The real question: Is Andra Day just the Globes being the Globes, or should it really be taken seriously? Keep in mind the Academy LOVES:

1) Actors playing real people
    a) Actors playing musicians/actors who sing

I have not seen US vs. Billie Holliday, but in general, I must say that I hate the tendency of the Academy to award these types of performances. I’m thinking of Ray, La Vie en Rose, Judy, Bohemian Rhapsody, etc. Yeah, I get it, it’s impressive for someone to pull off playing a famous person. But singing is another story. I personally think they give wayyyyy too much undue extra credit for performances that involve singing. If an actor who normally doesn’t sing does it, fine, the actor’s taking a risk. But an actor who IS primarily a singer doing it (I’m thinking of Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls, which to me is one of the worst winners in recent memory), sorry, that doesn’t impress me at all. Once again, have not seen the movie, but on the surface, it certainly appears Andra Day falls in the latter category. Viola Davis, on the other hand, would fall in the former, and would be a very worthy winner (even though I think she may actually be Supporting, but it’s somewhat debatable so whatever).

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Huge PYW spoiler

Why the fuck can’t people give a spoiler warning when they give away a huge twist of a movie?

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

Happy for Carey!

In my opinion Amy Adams has more chances to be among the 5 than Andra…

Had her in the 5th slot up until that surprise Globes win… may change it back, Hillbilly Elegy could definitely get a bunch of surprise noms.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher thought better. Thin Eyebrows isn’t winning the Oscar. Avenger Mulligan is above her right now and SAG/BAFTA will decide the winner and they better choose someone different making this one the most interesting races of the last 20 years.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

First of all, this is a massive spoiler. Have some decency when talking about movies some people haven’t seen. And second of all, if anything, that might actually help Her.

You quoted the wrong person but point made.

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher thought better. Thin Eyebrows isn’t winning the Oscar. Avenger Mulligan is above her right now and SAG/BAFTA will decide the winner and they better choose someone different making this one the most interesting races of the last 20 years.

Someone mind to explain me these Nicknames? Why Avenger Mulligan?

I’d much prefer Oscarey Mulligan from now on.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

You quoted the wrong person but point made.

OMG 😂 so sorry. I didn’t even notice that. But thanks.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

The way some of yall are turning pyw into a white supremacy pedestal. Its weird. Its a film, not the best of all time nor is oscar season that important for you to use it to spread racism. Go outside for a walk.

Some of these Carey Mulligan/PYW stans definitely take the cake for most toxic fan base of the year. It’s almost hard to root for the woman because her obsessive fans are so obnoxious & cocky.

And low key racist.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

For the people predicting Carey Mulligan, are you also predicting her to win SAG, or do you think she can win the Oscar without SAG?

Since the SAG Awards started, no one has won the Best Actress Oscar without winning the SAG or Golden Globe Award for their performance. So if Mulligan loses both the Golden Globes and SAG and goes on to win the Oscar, she would be the first to do so.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

People are underestimating just how wide open this year is.

This. Some were so confident that certain performances would sweep all season. And look…it’s an open playing field. Especially in Lead & Supporting Actress. The only locks are Kaluuya, Boseman, & Zhao.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.