Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 535 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Philip
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hun, the only ones that didn’t win Oscars were Margot Robbie (Aussie) and Saoirse Ronan. If you ask me that’s an AMAZING record in a short history.

Cate Blanchett did not win the Oscar for Carol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett did not win the Oscar for Carol.

Yeah, but she’s Aussie. Saoirse Ronan is basically the only one that won and lost in my opinion. Since they automatically vote for Aussies when they’re heavily in contention like Cate in 2015 and Margot in 2017.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Congrats to Carey. That still doesn’t mean that she’s winning the Oscar.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Congrats to Carey. That still doesn’t mean that she’s winning the Oscar.

Girl, no one is saying she’s winning the Oscar. I don’t think anyone here is THAT delusional. AACTA doesn’t lock anyone for an Oscar.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett did not win the Oscar for Carol.

Yes, this year’s winners seem odd because they usually vote for aussies most of the times, and Blanchett didn’t even win her category… But Im so happy for Carey and PYW and Olivia

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Does anyone know how many people who are AACTA members are also AMPAS members? Is there much overlap of the voters?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah this doesn’t mean Carey automatically wins.

However the win for Best Film is good news for Promising Young Woman overall. The only film to have won at AACTA and not gone home with an above the line Oscar was the Australian box office smash Mad Max : Fury Road. And even then that still won tech Oscars.

Perhaps this is indicative of Emerald Fennell winning the Screenplay Oscar? Idk? It doesn’t help that she still lost that category to Sorkin though (which in itself isn’ great for Sorkin as only 5 of the winners in that category have won the Oscar).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Does anyone know how many people who are AACTA members are also AMPAS members? Is there much overlap of the voters?

Nicole Kidman
    Russell Crowe
    Cate Blanchett
    Margot Robbie
    Jackie Weaver
    Judy Davis
    George Miller
    Mel Gibson
    Margaret Sixel

To name a few

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Girl, no one is saying she’s winning the Oscar. I don’t think anyone here is THAT delusional. AACTA doesn’t lock anyone for an Oscar.

I’m just saying it gives me hope. And I like seeing Carey win awards cause she’s probably my favorite actress

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Yeah this doesn’t mean Carey automatically wins. However the win for Best Film is good news for Promising Young Woman overall. The only film to have won at AACTA and not gone home with an above the line Oscar was the Australian box office smash Mad Max : Fury Road. And even then that still won tech Oscars. Perhaps this is indicative of Emerald Fennell winning the Screenplay Oscar? Idk? It doesn’t help that she still lost that category to Sorkin though (which in itself isn’ great for Sorkin as only 5 of the winners in that category have won the Oscar).

If Nomadland wins PGA, I will automatically predict Emerald to take Screenplay until the end

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

AACTA doesn’t lock anyone for an Oscar BUT they did predicted wins like

Jean Dujardin
    Meryl Streep
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Emma Stone

Etc.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

This win tells me that Carey Mulligan being the frontrunner is not just a Gold Derby thing. Andra Day is the biggest threat, but as of now, there’s nothing to indicate that she has support from people who aren’t HFPA members.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Margot Robbie being a producer for Promising Young Woman was probably a factor here.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This also tells me that Frances McDormand’s chances at winning anything are decreasing by the minute (unless she surprises at CC this weekend). I mean some people were moaning about how “Gold Derby overestimated Promising Young Woman‘s love with the HFPA” but if these people are the only ones who are going to nominate Swankie and award Zhao and still aren’t going to award McDormand then who is?

I feel more confident Carey is taking the BAFTA as long as the jury pick her (which of course is 50/50).

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

This win tells me that Carey Mulligan being the frontrunner is not just a Gold Derby thing. Andra Day is the biggest threat, but as of now, there’s nothing to indicate that she has support from people who aren’t HFPA members.

Exactly! Non of the industry awards nominated or long listed her. HFPA voted for her to save their asses from getting cancelled. Their choices were Viola or Andra. They chose Andra cause she outacted and outperformed….I told ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.