Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 539 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
George Ehret
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I mean, I’ve only seen hate-spreaders like JackO unabashedly attacking and mocking actresses (namely Kirby and Mulligan), while there has been none of that dismissal or degradation against Andra since she’s proved herself a real contender. Fix y’all’s own issues first, because all that’s happening right now is you making fun of other actresses and then those stans lashing back. You can’t cry about toxicity when you’re kicking up sand in the first place.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

What could be BAFTA biggest shocks in terms of omission and inclusion?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What could be BAFTA biggest shocks in terms of omission and inclusion?

Well their biggest “shocks” in inclusion if we’re going by the prediction centre odds are most certainly going to be one of at least Bukky Bakray and Wunmi Mosaku. I will eat my words if I am wrong. I don’t see a world where neither gets nominated.

Omissions wise really none of the top 4 are locked. I’d be surprised personally to see Davis and Mulligan miss but neither are locked. Juries are unpredictable.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Not half as cringey as you having a tantrum every time anyone except Viola or Andra is praised.

God forbid anyone praises or acknowledges the WOC in contention this season. The micoaggressions are very apparent. These Mulligan stans keep revealing themselves every. single. day: Toxic, messy, arrogant, & subtly racist.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Here for Bafta nominees Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan, whew

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I mean, I’ve only seen hate-spreaders like JackO unabashedly attacking and mocking actresses (namely Kirby and Mulligan), while there has been none of that dismissal or degradation against Andra since she’s proved herself a real contender. Fix y’all’s own issues first, because all that’s happening right now is you making fun of other actresses and then those stans lashing back. You can’t cry about toxicity when you’re kicking up sand in the first place.

are you an idiot? in what world is it okay to attack WOC period. If you wanna try pointing stuff out, make sure you go through the past 30 threads of best actress this year and see why we dont put up with victor, ect. stupid comments against black actresses, We point out the stereotypical racism towards viola and andra ect. because if we dont, no one will. black women deserve to be protected at all costs from toxic fans who borderline racist psychopaths. If you see something wrong with it, then you’re just like them.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

God forbid anyone praises or acknowledges the WOC in contention this season. The micoaggressions are very apparent. These Mulligan stans keep revealing themselves every. single. day: Toxic, messy, arrogant, & subtly racist.

Its people like him who will be ignorant and still deny that they are.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

As a brown WoC, most of y’all are looking like morons, not messiahs.

As a “brown” WOC, you don’t have the right tell a Black POC what they can & can’t be offended by. There are numerous examples that have been called out recently concerning racist rhetoric on this forum (i.e. “grillz” & “eyebrows” being used as derogatory nicknames to demean Davis & Day).

If you don’t associate with that type of discourse, then why insert yourself into the conversation? Seems like your triggered reaction indicates the shoe fits.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

As one of the most active Mulligan stans on the site, I’ll say this: if you are rooting for Mulligan and you’re attacking Davis or Day with racially charged or even questionably racially charged comments, you’re not a stan. You’re just a racist troll. You know who you are

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, & marty seem to have issues with anyone challenging their POV & those praising WOC in the Best Actress category. Their posts, likes, & constant mob mentality attacks seem to indicate that.

I’m sure your fav Carey Mulligan would NOT approve of this toxic behavior. Shame on you.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

I’m so done by this ‘Best Actress Predictions’ thread. More like a online war between fans. Nasty, insensitive, racist, and humourless.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, & marty seem to have issues with anyone challenging their POV & those praising WOC in the Best Actress category. Their posts, likes, & constant mob mentality attacks seem to indicate that. I’m sure your fav Carey Mulligan would NOT approve of this toxic behavior. Shame on you.

I wasn’t gonna name names, but I wasn’t talking about them

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The way I didn’t even mention Andra. How pathetic it is to hide your own sad behaviour behind the imaginary racism we’ve apparently been exhibiting against Andra. Anyway, I was the first person to root for Viola when the Ma Rainey trailer dropped and wanted her to sweep until I saw the movie, and I have never mocked anyone wanting her or Andra to win, unlike you with Mulligan stans. Imagine calling a WoC racist and accusing her of not supporting WoC in contention. The only one revealing themselves is you, with your constant disparagement of anyone who roots for a white actress. Take a fucking seat. Embarrassing. And illiterate, by the looks of it. You don’t know what toxic or messy or arrogant means.

FYC:

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, & marty seem to have issues with anyone challenging their POV & those praising WOC in the Best Actress category. Their posts, likes, & constant mob mentality attacks seem to indicate that. I’m sure your fav Carey Mulligan would NOT approve of this toxic behavior. Shame on you.

The complete lack of self awareness. The 12 yo illiterate really jumped out. Can you name a SINGLE instance of ANYONE dragging you for praising Andra or Viola? When most of us have been defending Viola from Day 1, and when our only comments on Andra were about how we were not fans of USvBH? Bring receipts or shut the fuck up, you are literally the only one hating on Mulligan without provocation while the rest of us have not had any problems with people rooting for Andra without bringing down the other ladies, which is all you’ve been doing. Or keep living in this pretend world where us calling you out on your unprovocated attacks towards Mulligan or Kirby or McDormand = “you hate Andra Day because she’s black”, I don’t really care. Pure delusion, the kind that needs psychiatric help.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I wasn’t gonna name names, but I wasn’t talking about them

There are a plethora of toxic Mulligan stans on this site. These are the 4 I wanted to address first. They seem to like marty’s VERY tone deaf response to my opinion and are the ones I’ve had consistent issues with.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.