Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 539 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Philip
George Ehret
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jesus…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

And we thought the Lady Gaga/Glenn Close/Olivia Colman year was bad on these forums…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, & marty seem to have issues with anyone challenging their POV & those praising WOC in the Best Actress category. Their posts, likes, & constant mob mentality attacks seem to indicate that. I’m sure your fav Carey Mulligan would NOT approve of this toxic behavior. Shame on you.

WTF Is this?! When did I ever attack Viola or Andra?! Are you fucking crazy?! I only said I didn’t like Andra’s performance, which is something i’m entitled to do the same way you have been bashing Carey’s performance to back up Viola and Andra. And I’ve always defended Viola from racists trolls around here. I don’t even know where in hell you got that I attacked her.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

There are a plethora of toxic Mulligan stans on this site. These are the 4 I wanted to address first. They seem to like marty’s VERY tone deaf response to my opinion and are the ones I’ve had consistent issues with.

Your “opinion” is a claim that the 4 of us have been disagreeing anyone who supports WOC. That’s not an opinion, its a lie. We just disagree with your hatemongering. We have no problem with Luca for example, because he doesn’t drag down the other ladies to bring his faves up. The faux anti-racism is getting ugly.

Pretending to be all for “opinion” sharing, meanwhile every time a Mulligan supporter comments on her performance you reply to it with laugh emojis and mockery. Show me a single instance of any of us doing that for Andra? The fucking audacity. “tone deaf” my ass, take the L.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I’m sorry, the sheer hilarity of accusing us of being “subtly racist”- I mean, me and wolfali being literal POC aside- none of us have even insulted Andra or Viola’s performances? Meanwhile Monsoon has literally called all the other performers bland and mediocre just for being white? Lmfao, the way he’s living in a fake world of his own imaginings where he can make up lies about others to pretend he’s on the moral high ground when he’s coming into these threads to drag actresses. Absurd.

FYC:

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

There are a plethora of toxic Mulligan stans on this site. These are the 4 I wanted to address first. They seem to like marty’s VERY tone deaf response to my opinion and are the ones I’ve had consistent issues with.

I can’t speak to what you’ve seen, but I’ve never seen any of the folks you mentioned drag Viola or Andra just to push up Carey. Literally never. Again, I wasn’t gonna name names, but I was moreso referring to Victor Cruz

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

And we thought the Lady Gaga/Glenn Close/Olivia Colman year was bad on these forums…

Correction. This year is Mulligan stans vs everyone else. Some of them can’t handle criticisms, are very fragile, easily offended, problematic, and disgustingly arrogant.

Look at how marty became a full blown Karen with 1 differing opinion. She’s written 3-4 vitriolic responses with wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, etc. following in tow like minions in a mob. It’s disgraceful and unbecoming of a star they stan who’s film challenges the very toxicity they’re spewing on the Internet. Shameful.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

are you an idiot? in what world is it okay to attack WOC period. If you wanna try pointing stuff out, make sure you go through the past 30 threads of best actress this year and see why we dont put up with victor, ect. stupid comments against black actresses, We point out the stereotypical racism towards viola and andra ect. because if we dont, no one will. black women deserve to be protected at all costs from toxic fans who borderline racist psychopaths. If you see something wrong with it, then you’re just like them.

Can you read? I’ve spent plenty of time dragging Victor, what the fuck is wrong with you? Who is saying its okay to attack WOC? The fuck is this comment? Pulling random shit out of your ass? “Because if we don’t, no one will”- give me a break. All of us, wolfali, estrelas, wattsgold, Luca have done plenty of calling out racists, we are all fans of Viola and hope for good things from Andra. The complete misunderstanding- lemme spell it out clearly:

Being racist towards WOC is wrong. Dragging the other actresses is also wrong, and you should not do that and then claim you’re only defending WOC.

I am a literal brown woman, you kumquat.

FYC:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Look at how marty became a full blown Karen with 1 differing opinion. She’s written 3-4 vitriolic responses with wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, etc. following in tow like minions in a mob. It’s disgraceful and unbecoming of a star they stan who’s film challenges the very toxicity they’re spewing on the Internet. Shameful.

Please direct me to the racist statements made by these people cause I haven’t seen them

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Correction. This year is Mulligan stans vs everyone else. Some of them can’t handle criticisms, are very fragile, easily offended, problematic, and disgustingly arrogant. Look at how marty became a full blown Karen with 1 differing opinion. She’s written 3-4 vitriolic responses with wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, etc. following in tow like minions in a mob. It’s disgraceful and unbecoming of a star they stan who’s film challenges the very toxicity they’re spewing on the Internet. Shameful.

The gaslighting. I’ve had enough. You have no idea what the words you’re writing mean, and are happy to live in a pretend world where everyone who’s dragging you for your stupidity is a stupid poopyhead racist. Cool, good luck.

And FYI, there’s no Mulligan stans vs everyone- it’s literally just you babe. We’re not dragging or hating on Andra or Viola, or any of their supporters in the comments- you alone. The source of the problem is very obvious to everyone.

FYC:

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

wolfali, wattsgold, estrelas, & marty seem to have issues with anyone challenging their POV & those praising WOC in the Best Actress category. Their posts, likes, & constant mob mentality attacks seem to indicate that. I’m sure your fav Carey Mulligan would NOT approve of this toxic behavior. Shame on you.

Shut the fuck up, ignore me then if you feel so offended when I root for an actress I like. Lots of success to Andra and Viola. You, you can eat shit.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

WTF Is this?! When did I ever attack Viola or Andra?! Are you fucking crazy?! I only said I didn’t like Andra’s performance, which is something i’m entitled to do the same way you have been bashing Carey’s performance to back up Viola and Andra. And I’ve always defended Viola from racists trolls around here. I don’t even know where in hell you got that I attacked her.

Liking a post written by marty which insinuates that praising WOC is somehow equivalent to the cringey (and down right racist) behavior exhibited by some very toxic Mulligan stans is complicit with her opinion. So I felt compelled to call you out. 🤷🏾‍♂️

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

WTF Is this?! When did I ever attack Viola or Andra?! Are you fucking crazy?! I only said I didn’t like Andra’s performance, which is something i’m entitled to do the same way you have been bashing Carey’s performance to back up Viola and Andra. And I’ve always defended Viola from racists trolls around here. I don’t even know where in hell you got that I attacked her.

This trash is evidently having personal issues and thinks it’s OK to make fabrications with us that would rather have nothing to do with him/her. Let’s say bye. Control The blood pressure levels if Carey wins.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Shut the fuck up, ignore me then if you feel so offended if I root for an actress I like. Lots of success to Andra and Viola. You, you can eat shit.

Yikes! The toxicity jumped out. Right on brand with being a Mulligan stan. Proving my point once again.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It is fine if you dislike Mulligan’s performance. It is fine if you dislike Davis’ performance. It is fine if you dislike Day’s performance. It is fine if you dislike McDormand’s performance. It is fine if you dislike Kirby’s performance. Everyone has a different opinion on art and film and literature and theatre. Everything is subjective.

However it is getting to the point of unbearable that certain users (who shall remain nameless) start manipulating their distaste for a performance by making bizarre accusations, gaslighting, putting other users down and dubbing them with derogatory names.

It is fine if you dislike Carey Mulligan’s performance and <i>Promising Young Woman </i>but don’t start claiming people rooting for her performance or the film are “racists”, “fakes”, “dumb” or “white supremacists” just because you dislike this film. As someone who has lost a sibling because of abuse that performance and film affected me in profound ways.

It is fine if you disliked Viola Davis’ performance or Andra Day’s performance.  But is is absolutely unacceptable when you start dubbing them with cheap and derogatory names. As a creative who is a person of colour and is rooting for Mulligan, I would jump up and down in joy if either Davis or Day won. It’s about time more than one black actress won Best Actress and it’s about time black women started getting layered fascinating characters to play instead of stereotypical “maids” and “slaves”. Although really this should have already happened last year with Lupita.

It’s fine if you disliked Kirby’s performance but don’t make ridiculous and degrading jokes about “how her awards chances are similar to the status of her baby’s delivery”.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.