Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 539 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
George Ehret
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

SEMI-FINAL PREDICTIONS

Likely Nominees:

1. Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)
    2. Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    3. Vanessa Kirby (Pieces of a Woman)
    4. Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    5. Andra Day (The United States vs. Billie Holiday)

Wild Cards:

• Rosamund Pike (I Care a Lot)
    • Amy Adams (Hillbilly Elegy)
    • Sidney Flanigan (Never Rarely Sometimes Always)
    • Zendaya (Malcolm and Marie)
    • Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit)
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The way not even black critics want Viola to win. She’s just lost AAFCA to Andra. I hope her fans know even if she wins SAG she’s not winning Oscar. She’s done this awards season. Being early frontrunner kinda killed her chances.

Honestly, SAG would be enough for me. She deserves to win Oscar No. 2 with a big crowd.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The only explanation for Kirby getting in over Mulligan is that the first was never nominated before (at least not in film) while the second is a previous winner. It’s clear they wanted fresh blood.

Mulligan Stans and their usual conspiracy theory. They just found Kirby to be the worthy one. Mulligan is no longer the frontrunner…admit it. Not y’all changing the narrative any time Mulligan loses

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Mulligan Stans and their usual conspiracy theory. They just found Kirby to be the worthy one. Mulligan is no longer the frontrunner…admit it. Not y’all changing the narrative any time Mulligan loses

So then Frances is the frontrunner according to you.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I didn’t disagree with you regarding people going to Australia, but acting like Australia is this huge voting block is ridiculous

Good grief hon, can you not hear the irony in my comment? It was a joke. No one thinks Australians are important, least of all us. Although it is true that the Hemsworths chair a monthly voters meeting where Cate takes minutes and Russell brings homemade sausage rolls.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

So then Frances is the frontrunner according to you.

The tea is: if Mulligan had gotten nominated, they would have named BAFTA biggest precursor. Mulligan is losing. She’s got a very hard luck. Even Andra Day is in a better position for the win with her strong performance + narrative

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m not a Mulligan stan and Kirby is literally my favorite of all contenders lmfao.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

That’s why I don’t get why some people want woc to win this year so badly. It’s a no1curr year, Andra’s gonna win on zoom, no viewership, media will forget about it by Tuesday, gp won’t even care. Let’s wait until this pandemic is over and have historic wins during normal ceremony.

If we keep waiting, it would never happen. We’ve waited enough. Berry and Hudson are likely to be overshadowed by the bigger white female led releases next season

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Sooooo….we may well have 4 different winners from GG, CC, SAG and BAFTA. It’s very possible.

Lol the meltdowns are funny, but also calm downnnn everyone, it’s kind of become…a 5-person race now in a way. If BAFTA goes to Kirby as I feel it will (will make me very happy, she’s my fave of the 5), and SAG to either Davis or McDormand, literally ANYONE could win the Oscar.

But I am back on my shit and wondering: damn, isn’t this just the perfect storm for McDormand?!

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m not a Mulligan stan and Kirby is literally my favorite of all contenders lmfao.

Thank you. But you know how the Mulligan stans are.

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Sooooo….we may well have 4 different winners from GG, CC, SAG and BAFTA. It’s very possible. Lol the meltdowns are funny, but also calm downnnn everyone, it’s kind of become…a 5-person race now in a way. If BAFTA goes to Kirby as I feel it will (will make me very happy, she’s my fave of the 5), and SAG to either Davis or McDormand, literally ANYONE could win the Oscar. But I am back on my shit and wondering: damn, isn’t this just the perfect storm for McDormand?!

She isn’t campaigning at all or attending any virtual ceremonies! I think that sends a message

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

The tea is: if Mulligan had gotten nominated, they would have named BAFTA biggest precursor. Mulligan is losing. She’s got a very hard luck. Even Andra Day is in a better position for the win with her strong performance + narrative

Lol, Day isn’t winning. She’ll get the nod, but only 4 actresses in the last 30 years has won Best Actress and been her films only nomination. You need support in another category and not have nearly a 50% in critics support.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

She isn’t campaigning at all or attending any virtual ceremonies! I think that sends a message

Did she campaign during 3 billboards?

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Did she campaign during 3 billboards?

Could be wrong, but I’m almost certain she did.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Honestly, SAG would be enough for me. She deserves to win Oscar No. 2 with a big crowd.

I agree with Luca. Viola should definitely get her moment soon. She deserves it.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.