Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 526 through 539 (of 539 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
George Ehret
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

As far as I know Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Jackie Weaver, Judy Davis, Russell Crowe, Mel Gibson and George Miller are all AACTA and Oscar members. Guess who won their Award:

That doesn’t matter, Renee and Joaquin didn’t win this award and they sweep the televised awards

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The Oscars are not going to be on Zoom. They take themselves too seriously and have a delayed date. It will be hypocritical, but they will have a socially distanced ceremony with vaccinated guests (probably like the Globes) and mask wearing nominees and presenters in person (if they choose to attend), like the Venice Awards ceremony.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Did she campaign during 3 billboards?

I think it was very limited, but Frances doesn’t normally do the TV talk show circuit or a ton of interviews. Honestly I wish it was like that for everyone. Just let the work speak for itself.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

The way not even black critics want Viola to win. She’s just lost AAFCA to Andra. I hope her fans know even if she wins SAG she’s not winning Oscar. She’s done this awards season. Being early frontrunner kinda killed her chances.

Really bro?! The AAFCA?! They likely wanted to spread the wealth. They just awarded her a few months for the final season of HTGAWM. No shade to Andra. But I assure you she needs that highlight more than Vee. Thanks for trying, though..

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

The Oscars are not going to be on Zoom. They take themselves too seriously and have a delayed date. It will be hypocritical, but they will have a socially distanced ceremony with vaccinated guests (probably like the Globes) and mask wearing nominees and presenters in person (if they choose to attend), like the Venice Awards ceremony.

It won’t be hypocritical of they follow the rules of where they are.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Post-BAFTA Predictions.

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Andra Day

3. Frances McDormand
    4. Vanessa Kirby

5. Viola Davis

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think BAFTA is between Kirby and Bukky Bakray.

Rocks have wide support, not only from juries.

And Kirby because the membership is voting. We saw the membership snubbing ONIM and Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, Minari and Judas in the longlist.

SAG will really decide the race in both Actress and Supporting Actress.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Isn’t Kirby the only nomination from her movie? I don’t think she wins BAFTA at all. (this is not the main problem for her, just to be clear)

I still think we need to see where SAG goes, but as PYW continues to show strong supporting (BAFTA best film nom, DGA nom), there’s no reason to believe Mulligan is not the front-runner. Especially when her co-lead in this race (Davis) has also been snubbed by BAFTA.

Do you guys really think Kirby can win this Oscar? Of course not.

And McDormand going #3 in lead having lost 2 precursors that awarded her film in the top 2 categories also seems unlikely at this point.

But again, let’s wait for SAG.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I think BAFTA is between Kirby and Bukky Bakray.

Rocks have wide support, not only from juries.

And Kirby because the membership is voting. We saw the membership snubbing ONIM and Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, Minari and Judas in the longlist.

SAG will really decide the race in both Actress and Supporting Actress.

Nomadland was longlisted in 8 categories, it got in for 7 of them, missing only Strathairn.

Pieces of a Woman was longlisted 4 times, got in 1.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m just here for Wunmi Mosaku winning another competitive BAFTA over Kirby again lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

i hope Carey wins the SAG to build up some more momentum … it is sad the the jury of 12 removed her even though she got a lot of votes by her peers. Some people were added to the longlist and did not even get votes. This is a joke. So Mulligan could have gotten the most votes for all we know in the longlist but that jury removed her. WTF ???

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I’m so hoping Amy Adams wins SAG lol.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Thank you. But you know how the Mulligan stans are.

Still pressed over Sunday, I see. Stress will cause wrinkles, dear.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Yup. If Oh was so sidelined. How did she win other awards for season 2?

She… didn’t?

Viewing 14 posts - 526 through 539 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.