Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 539 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
George Ehret
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Girl plz, dont start. Bcs ur dumbass was calling me Kord just the other day without knowing shit about me or who i am. No fabrications have been told. Yall can keep up this game but yall know exactly the way yall have been treating viola this season. And yall out here being complicit with Victor and that Thatcher loser calling BLACK women out their names. THATS the issue i have. I could give less then a f about carey winning. Its yall spinning this narrative about viola as a actress and the “issues” of her winning. Dont act dumb now.

Go. The. F*ck. Off! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like if they really love Saint Maud, Morfydd Clark would be somewhere in the top 6 too. I feel like we are so confident in the Davis/Kirby/McDormand/Mulligan top 4 everywhere when in fact, not all them may make it with this jury.

I think Clark is a threat to spoil one of Kirby, McDormand and Mosaku.

But as you said anything can happen with this jury. These two ladies were phenomenal and I hope they make it in but the jury could snub Carey or Viola.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The absolute criminality of Neon abandoning Clemency when Alfre delivered the best performance of that year and should have won over Renee. I still remember putting her down in the acting masterclass thread with her 5 miuntes in 12YAS.

Renee is a sweetheart, but there are so many changes I’d do to last year’s lineup. For me, Scarlett doesn’t work better upon rewatch.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

SHE used them because they are Black. Point. Blank. Period. Everyone on this forum knows I’ve championed the WOC this year. You can play ditzy all you want but it was clear as day that’s what Marty’s intentions were. You liked the post so clearly you found microaggressive behavior charming. And correction: the only contender I criticized was Mulligan aka your fav. So of course you’d be offended. You’re a delusional stan. Biased, complicit, & tone deaf are what you are.

BYE FELICIA!!!

Good lord…the amount of stupidity and sheer delusion. Girl, seriously. Get help!!! You’re crazy and a lunatic.

And btw, you’re also being racist. Bye.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Awkwafina, Lupita Nyong’o and Alfre Woodard should have taken Cynthia Erivo, Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron’s places last year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I feel like if they really love Saint Maud, Morfydd Clark would be somewhere in the top 6 too. I feel like we are so confident in the Davis/Kirby/McDormand/Mulligan top 4 everywhere when in fact, not all of them may make it with this jury.

I’d be surprised if one of them missed here. Two Brits (one of whom is in a film with 13 longlist mentions), POC getting nominated everywhere and her co-star is winning, and the star of the movie that’s gonna win the top prize with this group.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I think Clark is a threat to spoil one of Kirby, McDormand and Mosaku. But as you said anything can happen with this jury. These two ladies were phenomenal and I hope they make it in but the jury could snub Carey or Viola.

There was something so poignant about the Saint Maud trailer and haven’t found the courage to watch it lol

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

I think Clark is a threat to spoil one of Kirby, McDormand and Mosaku. But as you said anything can happen with this jury. These two ladies were phenomenal and I hope they make it in but the jury could snub Carey or Viola.

I feel like one of the Mulligan or Kirby can miss honestly. If I were the BAFTA, I would realize that only these two have a chance to get nominated or win at the Oscars, thus, I’d rally behind one performance to make that person look more… dominant? I don’t know, has that ever been their mentality? Do you guys think if the jury may feel that way?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d be surprised if one of them missed here. Two Brits (one of whom is in a film with 13 longlist mentions), POC getting nominated everywhere and her co-star is winning, and the star of the movie that’s gonna win the top prize with this group.

Juries can be ruthless. Just last year the juries for BAFTA TV snubbed BAFTA favourite Olivia Colman in the year’s most nominated Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

BYE FELICIA!!!

Good lord…the amount of stupidity and sheer delusion. Girl, seriously. Get help!!! You’re crazy and a lunatic.

And btw, you’re also being racist. Bye.

If championing WOC against obvious bias is racist then what do you call liking a post that specifically signaled them out as the 2 BLACK contenders? You clearly don’t know what racism is, hun. You’re deluded by your standom & ignorance.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

There was something so poignant about the Saint Maud trailer and haven’t found the courage to watch it lol

Ehle and Clark are really good in it but it’s a terrible movie.

And omg, do yall really have no life whatsoever to fight on an Internet forum about actresses ? Like does that really matter this much ? Boring-ass lives chile

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

If championing WOC against obvious bias is racist then what do you call liking a post that specifically signaled them out as the 2 BLACK contenders? You clearly don’t know what racism is, hun. You’re deluded by your standom & ignorance.

Again, the stupidity jumping out. I wasn’t talking about that obviously.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

gold derby has zendaya in 6th. i feel like her seeher speech and her visibility could help her last minute push into 5th slot, which would push kirby out. But it seems like zendaya has stopped campaigning

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Ehle and Clark are really good in it but it’s a terrible movie. And omg, do yall really have no life whatsoever to fight on an Internet forum about actresses ? Like does that really matter this much ? Boring-ass lives chile

It went for too long lol, but it has to do with being dragged into falsehoods. For me it’s a Golden rule to keep things impersonal (and avoid saying names unless it’s to flatter their sexy minds and asses). Once that’s broken it’s nasty. But yeah, on the ignore mood now.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Zendaya was never happening.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.