Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

I know the look of giving a white woman her 3rd when there are women of color who might be contending for their first or second isn’t a great look – but is there a chance where Frances takes it?

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I know the look of giving a white woman her 3rd when there are women of color who might be contending for their first or second isn’t a great look – but is there a chance where Frances takes it?

I don’t see it. I think she’ll easily get in at every single precursor and critics circle, will probably deserve to win on performance alone, but I don’t see her winning a 3rd one so quickly especially when she has other baity projects on her slate

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

No. Frances don’t have the same hype as Hopkins… to win a third prize in a year with better narratives. People are more interested in giving other wins to Nomadland than Best Actress.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Barry Jenkins.

Anyone else pissed off he’s making a “live action” Lion King prequel? Seems like such an enormous waste of his talents.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Anyone else pissed off he’s making a “live action” Lion King prequel? Seems like such an enormous waste of his talents.

I think he just wants an easy hit on his filmography which I understand. But he better go back to making masterpieces as soon as he gets this out of the way

There are plenty of black actors who are waiting for the Oscar nominations/wins he can give them

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Well, there goes Jennifer Hudson. I guess I’ll out Amy Adams in my lredictions for now, even though I still think her Flopbilly Elegy performance will be snubbed at the finish line by a better film (Promissing Young Woman?).

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Yeah, did I miss some big leak where everyone got to see Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom? If I’m not mistaken, the film has yet to premiere anywhere, so all these “Davis deserves the win this year” comments are kinda funny.

It’s just people who really want to see Davis win again, or people who just want to see a Black performance win. I’m not rooting for anyone until I’ve actually seen the damn performances, though Davis is my prediction at the moment. I have a strong feeling thr Academy will want to reward a POC here and in Supporting Actor.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Y’all laugh now but watch Barry Jenkins win his first Best Director Oscar for The Lion King 2.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

2013? Adams-Blanchett-Bullock-Dench-Streep

But that year was the first nomination for Adams in Best Actress (she’d been contending for Supporting Actress). I’m not talking about first nomination overall, it’s just that there always are first time nominees in this category.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I am not too sure about either, tbh… Jennifer’s movie will come out in august which doesn’t really seem like a good date (on the 11th of august, not even the end of)… Blonde is said to be very strange, not your typical biopic and probably not what the academy usually goes for…Ana is also rumoured to have very little dialogue.

Ana will still be in the conversation. Blonde may not even be as weird as we thinking

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

I want her cast as a dance instructor/teacher in the Alvin Ailey biopic he is developing.

Judith Jamison — they’re not giving that part to Bassett for numerous valid reasons.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Ana will still be in the conversation. Blonde may not even be as weird as we thinking

Someone on AW has read the script. It’s weird.

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

This forum has always speculated about actor’s award possibilities before a movie has been seen all the time here. There is nothing new in that..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Imagine the amount of time people spent arguing two days ago on the Actress thread about how Hudson was ahead of Kirby at the Oscars…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Imagine the amount of time people spent arguing two days ago on the Actress thread about how Hudson was ahead of Kirby at the Oscars…

I never said she was ahead of Kirby. But she was ahead of Amy.

Fuck the Grammys

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.