Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I never said she was ahead of Kirby. But he was ahead of Amy.

I wasn’t talking about you.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Jennifer’s film getting pushed was the best thing to happen to Viola’s campaign, but she may still have to contend with Andra. Billie Holiday is much more iconic than Ma Rainey and Andra will be doing all of her own singing, unlike Viola.

That can’t be ignored although I would feel some kind of way if Andra managed to win and Diana Ross didn’t for her incredible portrayal of the tragic singer. She really should have been the first black best actress winner imo.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Jennifer’s film getting pushed was the best thing to happen to Viola’s campaign, but she may still have to contend with Audra. Billie Holiday is much more iconic than Ma Rainey and Audra will be doing all of her own singing, unlike Viola. That can’t be ignored although I would feel some kind of way if Audra managed to win and Diana Ross didn’t for her incredible portrayal of the tragic singer.

Judy Garland never won but an actress did for playing her.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Jennifer’s film getting pushed was the best thing to happen to Viola’s campaign, but she may still have to contend with Audra. Billie Holiday is much more iconic than Ma Rainey and Audra will be doing all of her own singing, unlike Viola. That can’t be ignored although I would feel some kind of way if Audra managed to win and Diana Ross didn’t for her incredible portrayal of the tragic singer. She really should have been the first black best actress winner imo.

I have a strong feeling Billie Holliday will be delayed too. Any Oscar film without a festival debut or a streaming release or early buzz is vulnerable at the moment. And Billie Holliday doesn’t have any of those 3.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

I get so confused when people say Audra when they’re referring to Billie Holiday. I’m still stuck on Audra McDonald’s Tony-winning, Emmy-nominated “Lady Day” name association. I know this is a film board, but just a reader’s disclaimer.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

3/5 Terminator.

That’s all I’m allowed to say.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

3/5 Terminator.

That’s all I’m allowed to say.

Glenn is coming?

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling Billie Holliday will be delayed too. Any Oscar film without a festival debut or a streaming release or early buzz is vulnerable at the moment. And Billie Holliday doesn’t have any of those 3.

If Paramount is smart they’d sell it to Amazon.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Embargo ends on November 10.

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Oh so it’s a while away then.

Hold on – this is the Actress thread. Does 3/5 Terminator in this thread mean you think she’s going Lead?

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Oh so it’s a while away then. Hold on – this is the Actress thread. Does 3/5 Terminator in this thread mean you think she’s going Lead?

Adams will go lead.

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Jennifer’s film getting pushed was the best thing to happen to Viola’s campaign, but she may still have to contend with Andra. Billie Holiday is much more iconic than Ma Rainey and Andra will be doing all of her own singing, unlike Viola.

That can’t be ignored although I would feel some kind of way if Andra managed to win and Diana Ross didn’t for her incredible portrayal of the tragic singer. She really should have been the first black best actress winner imo.

Should have been Dorothy Dandridge that won first.

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

For which film?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Quick question how will the Oscars operate this year? Do you guys think we’re headed for an Emmys style ceremony, a Venice style ceremony or something in between.

It will be a shame if we can’t see Glenn for example get a standing ovation if she wins but I personally don’t think we’re having “normal” in-person awards until at least the Emmys next September.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Should have been Dorothy Dandridge that won first.

In all honesty I don’t think she was better than Garland that year. Great performance though.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.