Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

Quick question how will the Oscars operate this year? Do you guys think we’re headed for an Emmys style ceremony, a Venice style ceremony or something in between. It will be a shame if we can’t see Glenn for example get a standing ovation if she wins but I personally don’t think we’re having “normal” in-person awards until at least the Emmys next September.

I think only the nominees will attend the ceremony and there will be a few seats all separated. I also think that there will be presenters via zoom and that the musical numbers will all be played live in open air.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

in open air.

What about having an entire ceremony in open air, with distance and maybe even masks? I know it could be difficult, but it could work — and they could do it heading into the evening.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I get so confused when people say Audra when they’re referring to Billie Holiday. I’m still stuck on Audra McDonald’s Tony-winning, Emmy-nominated “Lady Day” name association. I know this is a film board, but just a reader’s disclaimer.

Also it’s Andra, not Audra.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

What about having an entire ceremony in open air, with distance and maybe even masks? I know it could be difficult, but it could work — and they could do it heading into the evening.

Several old people may be at risk from this, even die. I hope the situation will get better then!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Quick question how will the Oscars operate this year? Do you guys think we’re headed for an Emmys style ceremony, a Venice style ceremony or something in between.

It will be a shame if we can’t see Glenn for example get a standing ovation if she wins but I personally don’t think we’re having “normal” in-person awards until at least the Emmys next September.

Ceremony mostly to the nominees, socially distant sitting. Some nominees from risk groups allowed to participate remotely. Some presenters will probably be remote as well. Shorter ceremony with the short film categories going separate.

They’re also all rich, so they can afford getting tested like two days before the ceremony and staying in a hotel during this time, like a movie production during COVID era.

Hopefully things will be a little better by April. I still can’t imagine an Oscar ceremony going entirely virtual like the Emmys.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

By April, there will be vaccines (not sure how widespread) but a lot of the richer actors, producers, director, etc.. will be comfortable going to a distanced ceremony with masks. If testing can be done on everyone who goes, it’s entirely possible. But it’s too early to tell what they’re going to do.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

By April, there will be vaccines (not sure how widespread)

No one can say this for sure.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

No one can say this for sure.

I’m confident there will be vaccinesThe question is whether its limited to celebrities and the elderly or whether its widespread and available for most. I don’t think most will be vaccinated till next fall.

There’s no guarantees (2020 proved that FOR SURE!) but having some vaccines by April I do have some confidence in (as long as Biden is elected).

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In case anyone missed it the following took part in AFI’s THR Indie contenders roundtable a few weeks ago:

– Rachel Brosnahan, I’m Your Woman
    – Julia Garner, The Assistant
    – Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    – Elisabeth Moss, The Invisible Man/Shirley
    – Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman

Since the 2014 edition at least one Lead Actress contender (apart from in 2018 where the only Lead participants were Joanna Kulig, Rosamund Pike and Felicity Jones) has been nominated at the Oscars. And that was before the pandemic and when studio films were in the mix and the barrier for films like The Father were acting nominations.

At LEAST one of these ladies are in and it’s not going to be Elisabeth Moss in a horror film.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Personally, I doubt much will have changed by April, so I am almost certain it’ll all he virtual again — which is fine. 100% safety first.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Elisabeth Moss for The Invisible Man?

Maybe for Shirley but I don’t see her going anywhere for The Invisible Man outside of doing what Lupita did last year with critics (I would be surprised if she got a CC or SAG nomination).

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Katherine Waterson in The World to Come
    Emily Blunt in Wild Mountain Thyme

What about these two?

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

Also it’s Andra, not Audra.

milkmoney originally wrote: “Jennifer’s film getting pushed was the best thing to happen to Viola’s campaign, but she may still have to contend with Audra. Billie Holiday is much more iconic than Ma Rainey and Audra will be doing all of her own singing, unlike Viola. That can’t be ignored although I would feel some kind of way if Audra managed to win and Diana Ross didn’t for her incredible portrayal of the tragic singer. She really should have been the first black best actress winner imo.”

That’s what I was referencing. The original post has been edited to correct her name.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Reviews are coming out for The Life Ahead. I think Sophia Loren is getting nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.