Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:
    1. Davis
    2. McDormand
    3. Kirby
    4. Adams
    5. Mulligan

Feels like a very tight race where basically anyone below 100/1 in the predictions centre at the minute could get a nomination. I’m only certain on Davis and McDormand – the likes of Loren, Winslet, Day, Pfeiffer or Streep could easily find their way in there.

I’d have Loren in over Mulligan, but I’d be surprised if even Netflix could push to filling 4 out of 5 slots, and I think PYW will have a sizeable group of fans. Despite some negative buzz around Hillbilly Elegy I think Close and Adams’ narratives will be too strong to see them excluded unless it’s totally panned. I’m not quite sure how Pieces of a Woman will fare, and how widely seen it’ll be, but I see Kirby having a route in with a possible BAFTA win.

As far as the Oscar winner is concerned, though, I have Davis a decent distance ahead of the chasing pack for now.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/home-film-review-rome-2020

Home is such a small movie I don’t know if a distributor would go supporting for a campaign.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

BAFTA can’t give all four acting awards to white actors this year. Remember the backlash last year? Kirby ain’t winning lead actress BAFTA.

Worth saying I do still have Davis as my favourite for BAFTA, but – whilst I agree this sentiment will be discussed before and certainly after BAFTA noms are released – there’s no way of knowing if it’ll happen or how the majority will vote. Also worth mentioning that I think Odom Jr. could win Supporting Actor.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

BAFTA can’t give all four acting awards to white actors this year. Remember the backlash last year? Kirby ain’t winning lead actress BAFTA.

I agree. Not saying that Viola WILL win for sure but the way BAFTAs got clowned last year and put on blast by the Lead Actor winner cannot be ignored

Not to mention that no woman of color ever won Lead Actress there, while it happened three times at the Globes (Goldberg, Bassett, Awkwafina), twice at SAG (Berry, Davis) and once at the Oscars (Berry). It’s still embarassing but at least the doors were opened

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Davis McDormand Kirby Adams Mulligan

We have the same lineup (I only have Loren in for now because of the odds being good on her atm and not so great on Adams in the predictions centre).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Watch BAFTA wind up giving it to Loren lol. Has she ever won there?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually think if BAFTA give it to anyone who isn’t Kirby (if we have a split race because obviously I’m not ruling out someone sweeping) I actually think it will be Adams rather than anyone else if she winds up winning the Globe. I mean Amy is more overdue at BAFTA than at the Oscars!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Watch BAFTA wind up giving it to Loren lol. Has she ever won there?

She won Best Foreign Actress for Two Women

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/home-film-review-rome-2020 Home is such a small movie I don’t know if a distributor would go supporting for a campaign.

I thought this was about that one episode of X-Files with the inbred hillbillies…

rubbish

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I actually think if BAFTA give it to anyone who isn’t Kirby (if we have a split race because obviously I’m not ruling out someone sweeping) I actually think it will be Adams rather than anyone else if she winds up winning the Globe. I mean Amy is more overdue at BAFTA than at the Oscars!

Part of me is hoping that she switches categories with Close.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Loren is getting great reviews. Im keeping her in.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

She will not get nominated lol.

Who’s gonna stop her?

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

She will not get nominated lol.

I will have to take the risk in keeping her in.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

@Bee already clocked, we’re not going through this again.

He never clocked anything… All he did was try to accuse everyone of being a Loren stan just bc they had her in their lineup…

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Not y’all tagging me…

He never clocked anything… All he did was try to accuse everyone of being a Loren stan just bc they had her in their lineup…

No, I said the reasoning behind their predictions for her were not convincing and the comparisons to other lone nominees were awful, which just so happened to be by people blinded by stanning to see WHY I was saying those arguments were weak.

Anyways, I been read the reviews of The Life Ahead and they’re fine, like I thought they would be. Also,  Loren is apparently subtle so it’s not…baity? This reminds me of Kristen Scott Thomas in I’ve Loved You So Long or, if Loren DOES get the nod, it gives me Demian Bichir in A Better Life teas (an acclaimed performance in a meh film). Those are better parallels than Emmanuelle Riva

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.