Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

7 names of 7 vets who received nominations later in their career for either comebacks or good will. Shall I continue? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I won’t even bother lol.

The notion of stars receiving nominations for comebacks & good will is nothing new. Hence why those examples from back in the day were given.

Loren could easily get in. It’s too early to discredit her. That’s all.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Stick to the Grammys section, chile.

Stick to NOT being messy in every section. It’s not that deep. It’s way too early in the season to discredit Loren for a possible nomination. We’re not even close to the eligibility period being over. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I am no expert and by now u guys know I tend to be way off sometimes but The way I see it, best actress is now less of a completion since Hudson isn’t involved. That leaves Loren vs Davis and I adore them both so I’d be happy either way. I could see winslet, adams as safe bets for noms. That last spot could be anyone since that one is Mcdormand and I’m not sold on that movie tbh but it’s picking up accolades like crazy and the raves from the critics so I’m gonna assume it’s her spot in the lineup . Maybe Kirby can crash the party? Or maybe Streep for the prom? But this category seems pretty cut and dry contender wise. Wanna say pfieffer has a shot too but that seems more like a movie the globes will go for.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

French Exit has a 54 MC, Pfeiffer will be content with a filler Globe nod.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wanna say pfieffer has a shot too but that seems more like a movie the globes will go for.

I think Pfeiffer can still win the Globe but I would say in terms of chances of winning that Streep and Mulligan have better chances.

If Perlman gets nominated in Comedy/Musical Actress along with Streep then it’s probably Mulligan’s to lose.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I think Pfeiffer can still win the Globe but I would say in terms of chances of winning that Streep and Mulligan have better chances.

If Perlman gets nominated in Comedy/Musical Actress along with Streep then it’s probably Mulligan’s to lose.

. Yeah that’s the fun part of the globes it’s less cut and dry. I’d like to see pfiefer win that tbh

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Even have more chances of winning Actress in a Musical/Comedy than Michelle. Our girl is dead.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

I’m currently predicting Adams, Davis, Kirby, Loren and McDormand.
    But I guess 4 Netflix ladies is too much for them.

I think Kate Winslet is more in the race than people think here despite Ammonite overall reception. Campaign aside, which is strong, this performance really has been praised and probably, based on merit, she should be nominated.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Yikes.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I feel a little more comfortable predicting Loren now that Hudson is gone. That being said, I could easily see Netflix casting her aside, since Davis, Kirby, and Adams are all bigger priorities. Honestly, I’m not sure who gets the 5th spot at the moment. Maybe Wolfali’s right and Mulligan will surprise us?

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    elpiranya
    Topics:

I repeat: Emily Blunt (WMT)

Profile picture
    deaetee
    Topics:

Reminds me of Cate Blanchett this year.

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Loren, Kirby, McDormand, Mulligan, Day

They are my top 5 for now. Then:

Winslet, Blunt, Davis, Pfeiffer, Waterson, Flanigan

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.