Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Lol Mulligan isnt win competitive for Promising Young Woman.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Winslet is in a better position than most would like to admit. People are saying it’s her career-best and she’s getting those GG and BAFTA and CC nominations for sure, that on top of her not being nominated for a Lead role since her win make me have her at 3/4 right now. Ammonite doesn’t have to be a BP nominee for her to do good if there’s passion for her when the season comes. A lot of the times Best Actress nominees are not in BP nominees anyway.

Yeah, Winslet is pretty safe for a nomination now. So is Ronan, since the only Mank lady getting any praise is Seyfried.

The funniest thing about the Best Actress race has been watching Kirby go from a tentative 6th place to a definite 3rd place lock.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Go Kirby! I want her out of Hobbs&Shaw dolldrums. I get it’s fun to do these movies but as far as franchises go she can do better. She should headline one.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The funniest thing about the Best Actress race has been watching Kirby go from a tentative 6th place to a definite 3rd place lock.

She’s always been the 3rd place lock. You all just didn’t listen!

Katherine Waterson in The World to Come Emily Blunt in Wild Mountain Thyme What about these two?

I’m the biggest Kirby stan on this site but even I know The World to Come won’t get any nominations because of it being distributed by the worst distributor possible for it.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

She’s always been the 3rd place lock. You all just didn’t listen!

What I meant is that early on, she seemed like an Alfre Woodard type who gets a lot of praise at festivals but is ultimately forgotten. Then she became a bigger contender after winning the Volpi Cup. Then she became an even bigger contender after Netflix bought Pieces of a Woman. Then she became an even bigger contender when other contender’s films bombed or got delayed. But realistically, she probably was 3rd place after Netflix swooped in.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Good for Taron and Adams (Big Eyes). Oh wait! 🙂

Taron was always a contender for the Oscar and he had a SAG nomination (he always getting in at BAFTA) and Amy won in a completely dead category. She was literally the only one with some Oscar buzz in that line up.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Lol Mulligan isnt win competitive for Promising Young Woman.

She’s definitely competitive for the nomination. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She’s definitely competitive for the nomination. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

It’s quite funny how the majority of people ruling out almost everyone who isn’t McDormand or Davis from getting nominated in Actress are the people who said ScarJo was winning this time last year…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

No she’s not.

Stay pressed…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Is you with your delusional stanning.

She’s not even my push in the category. Lol. Maybe you’re the delusional one. Carey literally received best career reviews and her movie has equally very good reviews. Completely ruling her out is just stupid. I’m not saying she’s getting in but she’s definitely competitive for a nomination.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Mulligan is more competitive now that Hudson movie is delayed. So yes, she’s vying for one of also-run spots.  Number of contenders is shrinking which props actresses whose movies are coming out this year for sure. if Day movie gets pushed back, she’s totally in. McDormand, Davies, Kirby look rock solid. Next 2 could go to Adams, Mulligan, Streep, Day (if Billie Holiday keeps release date), maaaybe even Winslet (she has connections, is respected and perosnal reviews are strong).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Goldderby users: Vanessa Kirby isn’t happening. The reviews of Pieces of a Woman aren’t good enough.

Also Goldderby users: Lol keep going with your Carey Mulligan delusion. So what if her film has great reviews not everyone who gets nominated for Actress is in a film with great reviews.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Did I say she wasn’t? I said she wasn’t competitive for a win.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I’m not predicting Day until it’s clear that her movie will compete this year. If it does, she’s in. But not before. Respect moved out so maybe it’s covid-19 maybe they deem Actress too competitive to win.

I have a suspicion we aren’t getting The U.S. vs Billie Holiday this season. Which is the exact reason why I’m leaving Andra off my predictions as well.

Where is the trailer? The poster? The buzz? I would NOT be surprised if it’s pushed back to 2021.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I don’t understand how some users can be dismissive of a nomination so early on in the season. We aren’t even close to the eligibility period being over. Literally anything can happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.