Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Yes…alongside Ana de Armas for Blonde

I would add Zendaya for Malcolm & Mary went in for 2022 Oscars. Seems to be another Revolutionary Road/Marriage Story.

Also i would count in both of Fanning sisters for the Lead in The Nightingale for 2022(Although one of them will be campaigned for supporting). Baity story(Sister’s tale during Nazi Oppression in WWII) and the fact it will be released in December 2021 shows that Sony will push it for Oscars Race, particularly. It could ended up successfully like Little Women or flop miserably like The Goldfinch(another oscar bait based on Bestselling Novel)

Both Elle and Dakota have baity roles(Although Elle is slightly more baity) and the fact Melanie Laurent (Shoshanna from Inglerious Basterds) direct it and previouslrhave worked beautifully with Elle in Galveston(Under the Radar indie flick) and She is familiar with the WWII atmosphere. Not to mention if Elle win golden globe next year for The Great in acting department and came out fresh off her 1st major awards win.

West side story also should not be underestimated. Yes currently Elgort facing allegation but the chances are still high for His Co Star Rachel Zegler. The fact that it was directed by Spielberg open a chances to have La La Land-esque Oscar Campaign. Emma Stone also will Compete in 2022 with Babylon, directed by Damien Chazelle. Stone won an Oscar for working with Chazelle so yeah

So its safe to say that Hudson will face another tough competition Next Year.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I like Vanessa Kirby. I wish she would have been casted as Catwoman. She would have knocked that role out of the park.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I just re-watched the trailer for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and it did not show Viola is the best light. I feel like it is a miscast. I will still watch the movie because it does look entertaining. Viola seemed to be trying to hard on some scenes and not trying hard enough in other scenes. I will not remove her from the nomination predictions, but I do not see her winning (at the moment).

I loved MoNique’s portrayal of Ma Rainey. hopefully Viola can bring it like MoNique did.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I loved MoNique’s portrayal of Ma Rainey. hopefully Viola can bring it like MoNique did.

Mo’Nique ATE that role up! She deserved her EMMY nod. 👏🏾

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Well I’m saying you can’t say that to get in a performer has to have rave reviews but then say when someone points out a performer has raves and they have a chance that the performer with raves has no chance and that you don’t have to have raves to get nominated. I’m not saying Mulligan is locked but to say she can’t get in and that performers don’t have to be in films with raves to get in and then at the same time say that Kirby can’t get in because performers have to be in films that have raves is highly pretentious and contradictory. Which is what people like Bee and Kalinda have been doing.

But you can, because it’s true – like I said in my other comment. An actress like Kirby who is breaking through will need raves. An actress like Glenn Close who is the most overdue of all time will get nominated even though Hillbilly Elegy’s critical response is likely to be mixed at best.

And then we have Mulligan, who has rave reviews but may not have the visibility for her film or herself to get the nomination – she’s been off the Academy radar since 2009. All of these things can be equally true – middling performances get nominated and raved performances miss literally all the time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What’s interesting about Respect moving (even though it obviously was because of box office fears) is that it is produced by Bron Studios. The same Bron Studios who produced both Joker and Bombshell last year and got major nominations for both. What’s particularly interesting is now Hudson is gone they only have one push in Actress…

…Vanessa Kirby

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

https://awardswatch.com/the-united-states-vs-billie-holiday-will-open-in-uk-cinemas-march-12-2021/

Guess IMDb needs an update then!

It should still be eligible for BAFTA considering they’ve frequently nominated films released in February one or two weeks before the ceremony.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

People criticize others for rooting for someone after just watching the trailer, but at the same time they support claims that someone is miscast or underwhelming based on that some foundation -_-

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Davis
    2. McDormand
    3. Kirby
    4. Loren
    5. Day

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby is one of those cases when you’re a project away from a oscar/emmy award. She’s british, white, beautiful and on top of that, a freaking good actress. I’m predicting her for the nom now, based on the raves her performance is receiving but not sold on the win yet. Imo, she lacks the popularity and visibility of the film to win.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Lol @ anyone thinking Viola Davis could be bad. I realize some of you want to create narratives (in your head) to justify your favorite girl scoring a nom or winning, but this isn’t the one!

Additionally, Ma Rainey has been screened, so there are people out there who know that her performance is indeed worthy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you criticise others for rooting people based off a trailer then I find it hypocritical to say that “so and so looks miscast” based off a trailer. You can say someone is miscast based off a trailer but don’t criticise others for rooting for someone based off a trailer.

I mean this happens a lot on here. Whether its on the TV side or Davis you can’t have your cake and eat it.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Handprintsandgoodgrips
    Topics:

Viola looks sensational in the trailer. Some of her greatest and most lauded performances have been in period pieces. She does them well! She is gon tear Ma Rainey off! Can’t wait!’

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

Additionally, Ma Rainey has been screened, so there are people out there who know that her performance is indeed worthy.

Some critics have reported having seen it? But no doubt it’s embargoed at this time?

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Still furious that SAG nominated so much trash in 2015 over MoNique’s excellence.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.