Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
ENGLAND
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actually watch Zendaya come out of nowhere and take it.

She’s not in anything this year but I assume you’re making a joke because of the Emmys.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

2 nominations for Kirby ? Wolfali is gonna be happy

My mistake, I meant Loren in the fifth spot.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m missing Thatcher

Separate note but I’m very intrigued as to how they’d respond to Gillian Anderson’s performance in The Crown.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I really do not see an alternative to Viola Davis? McDormand is most definitely not winning.

I can see a world where Viola ends up losing. I mean we all see her as the frontrunner solely based off who she is and she’s playing a baity role, but I wasn’t all that impressed with the Ma Rainey trailer and if anything she could be overshadowed by the late great Chadwick Boseman. She is by no means a lock for the win, not at this point of the race at least.

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

She’s not in anything this year but I assume you’re making a joke because of the Emmys.

I just meant if Netflix unexpectedly released “Malcolm and Marie” before the eligibility window closed.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I forgot who the person was (my apologies) said that Glenn was more of a lead than Amy. If Glenn goes lead, then it could be a repeat of 1985 where, on her 8th nomination, Geraldine Page won over Whoopi, who was a favorite.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I forgot who the person was (my apologies) said that Glenn was more of a lead than Amy. If Glenn goes lead, then it could be a repeat of 1985 where, on her 8th nomination, Geraldine Page won over Whoopi, who was a favorite.

Literally

An overdue old white woman preventing a black actress from making history

Glenn is in my GOAT list though so I wouldn’t be mad

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Glad to see locks as follows:

Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman

Sophia Loren, The Life Ahead

Frances McDormand, Nomadland

Kate Winslet, Michelle Pfeiffer, Amy Adams, Jennifer Hudson, Carey Mulligan, Andra Day will all battle for that final spot.

Sophia Loren and Vanessa Kirby are nowhere near locked and both could easily miss.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

I would be absolutely livid if Netflix frauded Glenn to Lead and stole Viola’s Oscar.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

If Gleen and Amy switch then I think both will win, even if Flopbilly Elegy is as garbage as I’m expecting. That being said, I don’t think that will happen. Netflix probably wants to focus on giving Glenn the best chance at a win by putting her in the weak Supporting Actress category.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Whoopi being perceived as the favorite that is kinda fake news, she won the drama globe for sure but they were not precursors back then. Geraldine and Jessica were highly predicted alongside Goldberg so it was an open race. TCP flopping across the board and going home empty-handed is the ultimate proof that it wasn’t an upset.

I’m also sure most of the people who think/say she was robbed actually did not watch the other nominees esp Jessica Lange who was phenomenal as Patsy Cline.

Besides I don’t how why you think it’ll be similar? Glenn will fraud and lose as her film is poised to get panned.

Critic awards did not mean much then as they are starting to not mean much now. By the time Whoopi had won the Drama GG, critics were in belief that she would win BA. Her losing was a shock for some. Jessica Lange was not even in the running. Her film was mixed by the critics and it was a financial flop. The Color Purple was a Box Office Smash and a critical hit. Earning 11 nominations showed that there was some favoritism towards the film. There was much controversy surrounding the film which also played a role in it not winning. There were protests from the NAACP who thought it was bad representation and some controversy surrounding Spielberg’s being the director. That likely played a part in Whoopi not winning on top of Page being “overdue.”

When it comes to performance, everyone will have their own opinion, and I think Whoopi kicked every actresses ass that year.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

If Gleen and Amy switch then I think both will win, even if Flopbilly Elegy is as garbage as I’m expecting. That being said, I don’t think that will happen. Netflix probably wants to focus on giving Glenn the best chance at a win by putting her in the weak Supporting Actress category.

If this were their logic they would have kept Boseman supporting for an easy win. That said, I hope she does remain supporting as she needs her Oscar, I don’t care which.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

In no particular order

Frances Mcdormand – Nomadland
    Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Amy Adams – Hillbilly Elegy
    Vanessa Kirby – Pieces of a Woman
    Andra Day – The United States vs. Billie Holiday

Profile picture
    dinasztie
    Topics:

I never don’t post here – but why would Glenn suddenly be changed to Leading when the trailer clearly features Amy before her and if you check the titles in the end, it’s actually only Amy’s name before the Hillbilly Elegy title. And excuse me, I have heard so many contradictory “intels” about that movie and feedback from “reliable friends” that I take everything with a grain of salt.

Also, WHY would netflix jeopardize and further split Best Actress. They have three very legitimate contenders for the win – Viola, Kirby and yes, the legendary Sophia Loren (just wait and see the Globes boost her with a win). Amy, once again, will be lucky to be nominated – the further we admit that, the better. So it’s more of a courtesy for Glenn, really.

For Supporting, they only have Seyfried and Burstyn. Burstyn is a question mark, Seyfried must be great, but we are not sure yet about the nature/length/impact of her part. And Glenn has a meaty role and a killer narrative…

As a Glenn fan, I would love for her to be a Lead Actress Winner – but we have to take what we can get. A Supporting Bone over zoom…

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I would be absolutely livid if Netflix frauded Glenn to Lead and stole Viola’s Oscar.

Glenn won’t go lead. I am certain. The Chadwick comparisons are flawed because A) Glenn doesn’t have another movie in contention and B) again, Denzel and Spike supposedly made the decision. Glenn will go the Viola/Mahershala route (though I’ve read that Amy has more screen time anyway).

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.