Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 482 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
SN
  • Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Francis is not winning best actress. I expect Carey to win SAG and then Oscar.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Despite her brilliant performance, some have suggested that Frances McDormand’s candidacy “suffers” because Chloe Zhao is seen as “the face” of Nomadland. With Emerald Fennell nabbing nominations for Directing, Original Screenwriting, and as a producer, for Best Picture, does anyone think that she, and not Carey Mulligan, will be seen by many as “the face” of Promising Young Woman, and that Carey’s candidacy could similarly “suffer?”

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Official Leading Actress nominees:

Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan is winning.

Can’t say I loved the film, but this should be her third or fourth nomination. So I’m glad she’s winning this.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

Despite her brilliant performance, some have suggested that Frances McDormand’s candidacy “suffers” because Chloe Zhao is seen as “the face” of Nomadland. With Emerald Fennell nabbing nominations for Directing, Original Screenwriting, and as a producer, for Best Picture, does anyone think that she, and not Carey Mulligan, will be seen by many as “the face” of Promising Young Woman, and that Carey’s candidacy could similarly “suffer?”

I don’t think Frances’ candidacy suffers for this- it suffers because she recently won. And let’s not forget she will win as a Producer. Carey was nominated in the only category she was eligible for. She’s been making the rounds, doing the press interviews, etc. Fennell has more nominations as the creative force behind the movie- but Mulligan is very much ‘the face’

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

cant believe ma rainey missed best pic

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Carey’s win.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Should be Day vs McDormand.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Andra’s got this. So happy for her!

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

5/5! Pretty easy to end up with these nominees. Yay for Andra Day pulling through to the end!

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Carey and Viola should not be winning this.

So happy for Day.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Hmm, I never thought and don’t think this will be an issue for both McDormand and Mulligan. Those who have already watched the movies know how much screen time these two have. In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen the time stamp for these two movies, but I would love to see how much they are in the movie compared to the supporting acts.

In Mulligan’s case, specifically, she has been mainly featured in trailers and interviews. Even on the poster, I don’t recall seeing Emerald Fennell’s name but definitely remember Mulligan’s name on there as the lead. I don’t know how all this translates to voters, but I think people mention Mulligan the most when it comes to “Promising Young Woman.” Even for some who don’t like the film, they particularly praise Mulligan’s performance.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Carey and Viola should be winning this.

What a tune! Yeah!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Andra better campaignnnnnn even harder now. Present at sag and bafta!

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.