Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 481 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
SN
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Carey is definitely not ahead of Viola at SAG lol.

Hun, if there’s a year they’ll deny Viola it’ll be this year.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Tbh both ONIM and Ma Rainey were pretty mediocre. The superior movie- Judas- got in.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Enough of the controversy and conspiracy theories. I told y’all Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and One Night in Miami aren’t good enough. I’m glad Regina King did not get another undeserving nomination with that boring flop

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

SAG disagrees.

This part!

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Enough of the controversy and conspiracy theories. I told y’all Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and One Night in Miami aren’t good enough. I’m glad Regina King did not get another undeserving nomination with that boring flop

She may be undeserving TO YOU but she’s deserving to some of us.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Didn’t think this would happen. Viola status: bothered.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cabiria
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman’s overperformance and Ma Rainey’s underperformance makes Carey much more likely to win now. That being said, I think this race still comes down to whoever wins SAG. If Viola wins SAG then I’ll still predict her to win here.

Viola will be #4 or #5 in Oscars race and I never change that in my mind after I watched all 5 performances. The Olivia Colman win already told us: the performance itself matters to voters. I can’t imagine Oscars voters watched all 5 performances and decided to vote for this supporting-kind of performance. If we have a black winner this year, it will be Andra Day with a non-typical narritive.

I’m talking rationally as someone who uses Davis as his phone wallpaper lol.

2023: The Banshees of Inisherin, The Whale, and TAR

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Tbh both ONIM and Ma Rainey were pretty mediocre. The superior movie- Judas- got in.

And a few of those films nominated for Best Picture aren’t mediocre to you?

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Viola will be #4 or #5 in Oscars race and I never change that in my mind after I watched all 5 performances. The Olivia Colman win already told us: the performance itself matters to voters. I can’t imagine Oscars voters watched all 5 performances and decided to vote for this supporting-kind of performance. If we have a black winner this year, it will be Andra Day with a non-typical narritive.

I’m talking rationally as someone who uses Davis as his phone wallpaper lol.

They won’t vote for a “supporting” role in lead, but they will move Winslet up to lead even tho the male character is the lead and this year they just moved the lead of Judas and nominated him for supporting lol. O and then there’s Yeun who people called supporting also.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Mank & The Trial of the Chicago 7 are definitely more mediocre than One Night in Miami… & Ma Rainey’s. JS.

Exactly. I didn’t want to see Chicago 7 because I knew I wouldn’t like it and I saw Mank and DIDN’T CARE for it. Carey Mulligan performance (which was excellent), TO ME was the only reason for PYW success because I DIDN’T CARE for it either.

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

Mank & The Trial of the Chicago 7 are definitely more mediocre than One Night in Miami… & Ma Rainey’s. JS.

Chicago 7 maybe, Mank absolutely not. That movie’s a fucking masterpiece, but I guess a lot of people just don’t get it.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Mank is far from masterpiece. I could barely finish it. This is coming from someone who loves older films and Black-White films. So pretentious. It was a great idea but failed execution.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Can we take a moment to mourn Sophia Loren? What went wrong? Her performance was baity and deserving and she had a great comeback narrative. I thought the political wave of the pandemic (elder suffering and neglect) might have helped her chances. Was Netflix guilty of putting her in the wrong category? This could have been the Academy’s last chance to honour her…

FYC:

Zahra Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Can we take a moment to mourn Sophia Loren? What went wrong? Her performance was baity and deserving and she had a great comeback narrative. I thought the political wave of the pandemic (elder suffering and neglect) might have helped her chances. Was Netflix guilty of putting her in the wrong category? This could have been the Academy’s last chance to honour her…

The good thing about Mother Loren is that she has an Oscar for one of the greatest performances EVER! Plus, in her 50s, she received an Honorary Oscar. Had she gone supporting, she would have WON in my opinion.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.