Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 481 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
SN
  • Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The way people found ways to be pressed about Viola Davis when she’s very likely not going to win. It’s hilarious. Meanwhile, the Queen is celebrating her historic fourth nomination, which she earned in the lead category for a so-called “supporting” performance, as she is shooting “The First Lady” and getting ready for even more awards.

Look at the palpable anger in some of these posts ndndkdk

This historic nom is only making her future case stronger and leveraging her leading lady status. I just know she’s celebrating her achievement while cheerfully watching my baby Chadwick sweeping. It’s the way the girls dragged her when Widows failed and here she is. Darkskin black woman in her 50s doing the damn job baby and breaking barriers for all of us black girls

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis, Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Look at the palpable anger in some of these posts ndndkdk

This historic nom is only making her future case stronger and leveraging her leading lady status. I just know she’s celebrating her achievement while watching my baby Chadwick sweeping. It’s the way the girls dragged her when Widows failed and here she is. Darkskin black woman in her 50s doing the damn job baby

PREACH

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

PYW got in for Movie, Directing, Screenplay and Editing, Mulligan was the critical darling of this past season, has a 10 years+ carreer and she’s the best choice to award the filme, I think she gets it.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Darlings, Thin Eyebrows is winning.

Gillian, I wanna keep record: What years have you actually gotten right?

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The moment Andra beat Viola at the Globes when they were under immense pressure to vote for a person of color should’ve been very telling to a lot of you but ya kept giving ya self false hopes.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I’d rather see Viola Davis pushing herself and breaking new ground than seeing an IT girl getting shoved down out throats. Enough with the Lawrences, the Larsons, the Stones, the Zendayas. We get it girls, you make money. But you are far from the greats. Let’s honor women that set the example.

The whole Viola debate is clouded by passion and hate. I am not Luca. I am not Victor Cruz. I like her acting, but not being obsessed helps. Take a moment to think that maybe the Academy challenges any actor now more than ever for any to win a second Oscar. I’m 95% sure that they even forgot Renee had one before last year because who wants to remember her in CM?

Maybe they want to see Davis doing something that transcends her previous work genre-wise to lock a win. Who really knows what they want? I’ll keep an eye on The Woman King (might be wrong about the title). Earlier today I wrote Winslet needs to move beyond Oscar bait. Let’s hope the same for Viola (and by this I mean that she gets the opportunity or starts producing/directing). The scrutiny every time she’s in contention, lord. She has a right to have fun. I’d love to see her in a comedy. She’s doing action in epic. What about a horror movie? Her friend did Ma and she is now in the Hall of fame of villains. And Lupita last year… ❤️ Sometimes you guys seem to forget the Oscars are a big casting call. Do this, smile, attend events, deal with stupid PR strategies. These 5 women got a nomination in the worst of all years. Respect the achievement itself.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Im pretty sure Viola’s in the suicide squad sequel which is the furthest thing from oscar bait

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

If the Academy wanted actors to “challenge” themselves for a 2nd Oscar, Waltz nor Ali would’ve won theirs so quickly. Sometimes an actor/performance is so great or liked that it transcends the political game of award shows.

I had those two wins blocked ugh. Ali was category fraud. Waltz winning is just a mess (I hate those undeserved Tarantino film wins). In any case, it was just a theory for LEAD so people separate themselves a bit from their perception of an actor and they understand declaring locks is not the same as it was 10 years ago.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

After all the hate, it’s so nice seeing Carey dominate the predictions. She’s the predicted winner by ALOT.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Darlings, Thin Eyebrows is winning.

no longer avenger? Lol

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Achievements, achievements! Just saw this stat on Twitter. Don’t know if I should be excited or shake my head. But nonetheless, it’s a win for Queen Viola & King Chadwick!

Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom is just the third film to feature Black Best Actor and Best Actress nominees, after 1972’s Sounder and 1994’s What’s Love Got to Do With It. 😳

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Andra finally released a statement on her nomination. I’m so happy for her. ❤️

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2021-03-15/2021-oscars-andra-day-nomination-billie-holiday

I have a feeling she’s going to win

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

“It’s funny because one of the things people would say to me all the time is ‘Oh don’t worry, you’ll never work this hard again because there’s not meaty roles like this for Black women,’” said Day. “And I just remember being floored by that comment. Like ‘Who the hell has meatier stories than Black women?’” ❤️❤️❤️ “I don’t feel like I’m up against the great Viola Davis, [more like] we’re sharing the space,” said Day. “The reality is, this is a celebration. It’s an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as her. I think she’s just incredible, and she has been nothing but wonderfully supportive. And I love and support her so we’re just sharing the moment together.“ ..Protect Andra Day at all costs. ❤️

Oop, preach girl

Glad to see Hollywood slowly starting to wake up and consider us outside of the slave/maid narrative tho

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis, Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

When are they taping SAG again? It is gonna be interesting to see if the result will leak or not.

Anyway, I was thinking earlier and thought maybe the fact that Carey Mulligan spoke out against the Variety critics may make the acting branch wants to support her and vote for her. But then again, she got Critics’ Choice after all that happened so I don’t know anymore.

I just think that while not many actors or actresses talked about it, the fact that Viola Davis brought it up meant that they do care about it. We just have to wait and see if it’s a positive thing or a negative thing.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

I’d rather see Viola Davis pushing herself and breaking new ground than seeing an IT girl getting shoved down out throats. Enough with the Lawrences, the Larsons, the Stones, the Zendayas. We get it girls, you make money. But you are far from the greats. Let’s honor women that set the example.

The whole Viola debate is clouded by passion and hate. I am not Luca. I am not Victor Cruz. I like her acting, but not being obsessed helps. Take a moment to think that maybe the Academy challenges any actor now more than ever for any to win a second Oscar. I’m 95% sure that they even forgot Renee had one before last year because who wants to remember her in CM?

Maybe they want to see Davis doing something that transcends her previous work genre-wise to lock a win. Who really knows what they want? I’ll keep an eye on The Woman King (might be wrong about the title). Earlier today I wrote Winslet needs to move beyond Oscar bait. Let’s hope the same for Viola (and by this I mean that she gets the opportunity or starts producing/directing). The scrutiny every time she’s in contention, lord. She has a right to have fun. I’d love to see her in a comedy. She’s doing action in epic. What about a horror movie? Her friend did Ma and she is now in the Hall of fame of villains. And Lupita last year… ❤️ Sometimes you guys seem to forget the Oscars are a big casting call. Do this, smile, attend events, deal with stupid PR strategies. These 5 women got a nomination in the worst of all years. Respect the achievement itself.

Who’s the IT girl?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.