Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 481 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
SN
  • Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

Carey is gonna be on SNL on April 10. She really wants this!

I agree. She probably will stay in US for 2 weeks (after SNL) to go the Oscars (don’t know if her award will be at Dolby Theatre or at Union Station).

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I forgot who said it, but I am still laughing at the “waiters and DJ’s” vote for SAG comment. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Vanessa better book April 17 on SNL then.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I would’ve loved to see Andra perform at the Grammys. The Billie Holiday soundtrack is so amazing. The way she blended her own style with Holiday’s is immaculate.

She’s definitely singing something at the Oscars. Either the opening number or the in memory.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I forgot who said it, but I am still laughing at the “waiters and DJ’s” vote for SAG comment. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mama Sasha

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Carey is gonna be on SNL on April 10. She really wants this!

She’s also releasing a new version of Boys by charli xcx and is making a press conference to share how she saved both Olivia Colman and Maggie Smith from a sinking ship and a shark attack.
    Carey baby, work that campaign. Have fun!!!

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

She’s also releasing a new version of Boys by charli xcx and is making a press conference to share how she saved both Olivia Colman and Maggie Smith from a sinking ship and a shark attack. Carey baby, work that campaign. Have fun!!!

I love your profile pic. If only her (Watts) and Hilary Swank went back to choosing better films…

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I agree. She probably will stay in US for 2 weeks (after SNL) to go the Oscars (don’t know if her award will be at Dolby Theatre or at Union Station).

She’s likely to stay in the U.S. for several months longer than that. The filming for Maestro is expected to start in NYC in April or early May.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I love your profile pic. If only her (Watts) and Hilary Swank went back to choosing better films…

Nay is a treasure. Something went really wrong along the way, but hey… who else can say they have a Mullholand Drive? ⭐️ Hence, the nature of my profile: Rooting for those actresses who deserve their moment. Close, Carey, Weaver, Dunst, Lupes (in LEAD, like I’m obsessed with that), Jamie Lee, Bassett, Huppert, Hawkins, Michelle P, Yeoh, Saldana. I’m here for them.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

My dream: Andra & Diana Ross do a duet of “Lady Sings the Blues”.

I’d probably die.

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

I want to live in a world where Yeri Han is a Best Actress nominee. She slayed me in Minari. How are you gonna watch that masterpiece without acknowledging the commanding presence of Han. The parking lot scene alone is one of the best over the last decade.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Hilary was very good in the homesman

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    cowboylikeme
    Topics:

I saw this on Twitter but a fun fact after this years nominations is that Carey Mulligan is the only multiple Oscar nominee to have all her nominations come from only female-directed films with An Education and Promising Young Woman.

Queen single handedly ending the patriarchy!

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

A sincere question: Does SAG have a history of awarding actors with minimal or no acting experience? I would think that some SAG members would resist doing so, thinking it somehow diminishes their years of training and work on their craft. For this reason, I suspect that Andra would not have won SAG, even if the movie had been made available earlier.

Interesting point! I think they won’t, but we should acknowledge that being a member of SAG-AFTRA is also not that hard. We all can see that many people just got theirs for being a guest/extra. I think that percentage of people will be more open to new actors.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Hilary was very good in the homesman

I freaking love Hilary.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.