Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 571 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am still predicting Mulligan to take SAG but I think I’ll put Davis second and Kirby third after reading Tariq Khan’s article. Netflix makes it accessible for these voters to check out Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and Pieces of a Woman and the former did very well at SAG and the latter is an international hit.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

By the way; has there ever been a best actress winner with her nomination being the only nom from a movie?

Yep. It’s happened 12 times before, and both Andra and Vanessa are single noms for their films. Julianne Moore (Still Alice), Kathy Bates (Misery), Jodie Foster (The Accused), Jessica Lange (Blue Sky) were also the sole noms for their films.

If you include films that got one nomination in the crafts somewhere, you get a LOT more people. Renee Zellweger last year, since Judy was only up for Costume & Makeup apart from her. Personally, I’m not sure there’s that much difference between the sole nom or having the slight benefit of the movie being nominated somewhere minor. That’s definitely not why Zellweger or Streep (The Iron Lady) or Moore won

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Really hoping for an upset honestly. The person most likely to win is in my opinion the most deserving (Kirby). McDormand or Davis would actually be an “upset”, not sure about Andra Day. I don’t think she’s going to win at all, but for many people it wouldn’t be a shocker simply because she won GG.

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

Yeri Han is probably 6th. Ugh so damn close. She ate tf up on Minari. That performance is pure perfection and so damn natural. I hope she makes another film that can enter the race. She is a hidden gem.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

The way y’all are going to be pissed when Andra Day upsets. She’s winning that Oscar!

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

An amazing story about Vanessa & Ellen Burstyn, have the academy ever signalled they like when an experienced actor is takes a newcomer under their wing? https://twitter.com/heloisesarmpit/status/1372659204780081154?s=21

I’m still annoyed Burstyn was snubbed, their chemistry was perfect.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I know I’m extremely behind, but finally was able to watch Minari. I can’t get over the fact Yeri Han did not receive a nomination.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I pray Kirby wins something. Maybe SAG since one of the black contenders is winning BAFTA

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I have Andra winning and no matter who wins SaG or Bafta ; I am not changing.

this doesn’t mean that I think she is best in category .  This is just my opinion on win

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

LOL this one is cheeeeeeesy.
    38 years later, here we are. Still in this fucking award season.
    Is it going to be like this every year or is this just another cursed effect from the COVID nightmare?

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think Andra Day is winning as well.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Turns out that I am the only Expert or Editor with Andra Day.  Remember if she wins that I was against nineteen with Carey Mulligan.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Wise prediction, Riley.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Turns out that I am the only Expert or Editor with Andra Day. Remember if she wins that I was against nineteen with Carey Mulligan.

You deserve a cookie.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.