Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 571 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

2 months ago some posters here were laughing at me when I said the highest powers of Hollywood will give it to a black actress. I said, watch Kamala or Hillary tweeting… Lol.

If this justice in this world Carey Mulligan will win.

Im not mad at Andra winning, but PYW deserves all the attention because of the subject.

Will win: Day

Should win: Mulligan

Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

Andra Day has this win locked!

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Even though I think Mulligan will win it is absolutely ridiculous as to how she’s that far ahead in the predictions centre. I mean I can understand to an extent if it was after SAG and she was this far ahead in the predictions centre but what is there to say she’s miles ahead of Andra Day (who beats her at the Globes)? And what is there to say that Frances McDormand is ahead of Andra Day?

A Fervent Believer in the Church of WOLFALI.

?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

A Fervent Believer in the Church of WOLFALI.

LOL now wolfali has stans.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

I really wouldn’t mind whoever wins in this category. This year’s best actress lineup is a rare instance where all five of them gave excellent performances. But if I had to chose who I really wanted to win are between Carey Mulligan and Vanessa Kirby.

Winner prediction:

Will Win: Andra Day

Could Win: Carey Mulligan, Viola Davis

Should Win: Carey Mulligan, Vanessa Kirby

Should be Nominated: Sophia Loren, Sidney Flanigan, Han Yeri

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

LOL now wolfali has stans.

Can’t wait to cause the biggest upset in Oscars history and win Best Actress over Andra Day and Carey Mulligan!

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Can’t wait to cause the biggest upset in Oscars history and win Best Actress over Andra Day and Carey Mulligan!

That’d be one of the most undeserving upsets in Oscar history. Sorry darling.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That’d be one of the most undeserving upsets in Oscar history. Sorry darling.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Turns out that I am the only Expert or Editor with Andra Day. Remember if she wins that I was against nineteen with Carey Mulligan.

I’m sure you’ll be thrilled to learn that Sasha Stone is also picking Andra Day. (She hasn’t updated her GD expert predictions yet but she did so on her own Awards Daily website.)

Knowing this, I feel just a little more comfortable sticking with my Mulligan prediction….

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I am mostly just waiting to see if Promising Young Woman upsets at PGA (or BAFTA or if it surprisingly loses SAG or WGA). The irony is that I have been such a proponent of Promising Young Woman. I am the only Editor or Expert to have it top-two at PGA for example.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Andra Day has this win locked!

I wouldn’t think or say that… 😂

No one in this category is locked to win.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

For anyone saying Andra Day will win the Oscar let me just give you a small piece or information. No actress has won the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role without getting a SAG nomination first. The only anomaly was in 2009 for achievement of 2008 films. That year Kate Winslet won the Oscar for The Reader and she was nominated (and won) in the supporting category at SAG. In fact, she was double nominated at SAG which indicates she had major support and there was no way she was losing the Oscar. Winning an Oscar without a SAG nomination is easier in the supporting actress category and I can think of Marcia Gay Harden and Regina King achieving this feat. I’m unsure if there are any other instances of that happening. Andra Day could be considered an ingenue and while she’s amazing and elevates her mediocre film, this is only her third movie role and her first lead role. Plus she is more known as a musician than as an actress. Therefore, there a lot of obstacles for her and to say she’s winning is a stretch. Frances and Viola are great but have won before so that’s a disadvantage for them, they would have to be either undeniable or sweeping which is not the case. Things are looking great for Carey Mulligan who, in  my opinion, gives the best performance in this category. I truly hope she wins, let’s see if her performance really turns out to be promising (no pun intended). Vanessa Kirby was outstanding in Pieces of a Woman, the girl has some serious acting chops and a long career ahead of her. I would love to see her win at BAFTA which I think is a good probability since she’s British and amazing in the film. If she wins at home I think she’s very much competitive for the Oscar. So as of now I think this is how the race looks:

Mulligan>Kirby>Day>McDormand>Davis

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

For anyone saying Andra Day will win the Oscar let me just give you a small piece or information. No actress has won the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role without getting a SAG nomination first. The only anomaly was in 2009 for achievement of 2008 films. That year Kate Winslet won the Oscar for The Reader and she was nominated (and won) in the supporting category at SAG. In fact, she was double nominated at SAG which indicates she had major support and there was no way she was losing the Oscar. Winning an Oscar without a SAG nomination is easier in the supporting actress category and I can think of Marcia Gay Harden and Regina King achieving this feat. I’m unsure if there are any other instances of that happening. Andra Day could be considered an ingenue and while she’s amazing and elevates her mediocre film, this is only her third movie role and her first lead role. Plus she is more known as a musician than as an actress. Therefore, there a lot of obstacles for her and to say she’s winning is a stretch. Frances and Viola are great but have won before so that’s a disadvantage for them, they would have to be either undeniable or sweeping which is not the case. Things are looking great for Carey Mulligan who, in my opinion, gives the best performance in this category. I truly hope she wins, let’s see if her performance really turns out to be promising (no pun intended). Vanessa Kirby was outstanding in Pieces of a Woman, the girl has some serious acting chops and a long career ahead of her. I would love to see her win at BAFTA which I think is a good probability since she’s British and amazing in the film. If she wins at home I think she’s very much competitive for the Oscar. So as of now I think this is how the race looks:

Mulligan>Kirby>Day>McDormand>Davis

Stats are meant to be broken tho
    And the narrative for Day is only growing.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We are all aware of the SAG stat. But again, I think Day’s snub could be chalked up to the late distribution of her movie. Had she been nominated, she’d be winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.