Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 571 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Mehavethoughts for awhile that Kirby is 2nd at SAG. (maybe 1st… lol)

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I have Frances as the upset. Would she even be considered as an upset? I just think Kirby is too much of an ingenue too win SAG without any precursors right now.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I don’t think Vanessa will win SAG, but she will most likely win BAFTA. Most Volpi Cup winners nominated at BAFTA have ended up winning.

Actually I think Frances or Kirby will pull the upset at the Oscars, if SAG goes to anyone but Carey.

In that case, it will be an open race, that will be defined by BAFTA, which has a great record of pulling upsets when there’s no a clear frontrunner. Also, BAFTA happens days before oscar voting begins and british voters seem to be a big voting block at the oscars.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

If, as I suspect, a British actress who is not nominated for the Oscar such as Bukky Bakray wins the BAFTA, then I believe that will be a very strong indication that to the extent a British block vote exists for the Oscars, that block vote will be for Carey Mulligan, and I think this would be true regardless of what happens with SAG.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Frances could earn votes for SAG based on many actors dealing with the same thing her character did.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

It’s amazing people are still predicting Frances McDormand!! I still think she has LOST A LOT OF STEAM. She didn’t win Critics Choice and Golden Globes. She’s not winning SAG and I have a feeling she’s not gonna winning BAFTA’s. I think history will FINALLY be made at the BAFTA’s and a Black Actor will win Best Actress for the VERY FIRST TIME.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

What if Amy Adams wins SAG? I mean she’s kind of overdue there and they would want to clear the path for Andra Day’s historic victory

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

GD forums: “Let’s make up all these different theories how anyone could wIN SAG.”

Huns, SAG is between Mulligan and Viola. I’m very confident is between one of them. They were the only contenders who sent screeners to voters. Netflix didn’t even bother to send Razzielly Elegy and Pieces of a Woman because they know they don’t have a chance.

And Hulu also did not send Nomadland screeners. They know McDormand isn’t winning another SAG for lead actress.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Bukky Bakray is winning the BAFTA. If Vanessa Kirby wins it would signify she’s much higher than people think in this race and as of now I don’t see her winning.

Bukky Bakray and Kosar Ali winning would actually be the best things to happen to Carey Mulligan and Olivia Colman’s Oscar chances.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

It’s amazing people are still predicting Frances McDormand!! I still think she has LOST A LOT OF STEAM. She didn’t win Critics Choice and Golden Globes. She’s not winning SAG and I have a feeling she’s not gonna winning BAFTA’s. I think history will FINALLY be made at the BAFTA’s and a Black Actor will win Best Actress for the VERY FIRST TIME.

I wouldn’t call it amazing, and I don’t think she’s lost that much steam. For someone who has just won her 2nd Best Actress award and who is involved in a very up and down season, I actually think she’s been remarkably consistent, much like the film – she’s hitting everywhere, is probably the favourite/ joint favourite for BAFTA, and could win SAG because we have no idea how that’s going to go. Her film seems to be the heavy favourite, which means passion could carry her over the line, and we can’t really call a frontrunner of any sort here yet, so I don’t think people predicting her (I have her second, but I think she may win) are that off base.

What if Amy Adams wins SAG? I mean she’s kind of overdue there and they would want to clear the path for Andra Day’s historic victory

I feel like if SAG wanted to ‘clear a path’ for Day and really cared about her winning the Oscar they would’ve nominated her at SAG, unless I’ve missed something.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Keep underestimating PYW at your own peril.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Darlings.. SAG is between Mulligan and Davis if Mulligan wins she’s coming for the Oscar.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

if Mulligan wins she’s coming for the Oscar.

As she should!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Darlings, Miss Fennell is getting that Screenplay golden dildo… Trial is going to go empty handed. Mark my holy words.

I still think it’ll win Editing, but Promising Young Woman definetely has Screenplay on lock.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.