Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 571 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

The Globe actress winners this year are irrelevant. Day is not coming close to that Oscar. It’s Mulligan or McDormand, with Mulligan being the frontrunner since she’s never won and McDormand is already winning for producing.

Anything can happen…………….

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I know the whole British Academy are voting for the winners as before, but with so many of the acting nominees being out of left field, it reframes the perception surrounding them in the minds of voters. While I do think the other three acting awards will go to Oscar-nominees, you can’t deny that honouring a black British actress in a British film could be a inviting prospect one year after #BAFTAsSoWhite, especially with the race being wide open due to Mulligan’s absence. I’m not confident about this, nor am I trying to suggest that either of them will win purely due to their race. It’s just a consideration.

Pretty sure that they’d be satisfied with the Boseman/Kaluuya/Youn combo. McDormand will probably take Best Actress.

Let’s not forget that they nominated a bunch of contenders with visibility issues. Do you think the whole membership has seen Rocks or Clemency? Because I really don’t. They’ve however seen and loved Nomadland.

My Guess:

GG: Andra Dray
    CC: Carey Mulligan
    SAG: Carey Mulligan/Viola Davis
    BAFTA: Frances McDormand
    OSCAR: Carey Mulligan/Andra Day

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Going off topic but I just rewatched Arrival and it is just disgusting and abhorrent that Amy didn’t get nominated for the role (of course they were fine for nominating Meryl for anything she does even if it’s poop)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Pretty sure that they’d be satisfied with the Boseman/Kaluuya/Youn combo. McDormand will probably take Best Actress.

Let’s not forget that they nominated a bunch of contenders with visibility issues. Do you think the whole membership has seen Rocks or Clemency? Because I really don’t. They’ve however seen and loved Nomadland.

My Guess:

GG: Andra Dray
    CC: Carey Mulligan
    SAG: Carey Mulligan/Viola Davis
    BAFTA: Frances McDormand
    OSCAR: Carey Mulligan/Andra Day

Rocks was nominated in many non-juried categories, indicating that it has plenty of visibility. Why would they award Frances?

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Globe actress winners this year are irrelevant. Day is not coming close to that Oscar. It’s Mulligan or McDormand, with Mulligan being the frontrunner since she’s never won and McDormand is already winning for producing.

Keep dreaming. Andra is winning. It’s between her and Mulligan

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Rocks was nominated in many non-juried categories, indicating that it has plenty of visibility. Why would they award Frances?

Why would they not? We are talking about the full membership that hasn’t rewarded many POC performances over the years, and now people are expecting them to go 4/4 in the acting categories?. It’d be lovely, but I just don’t buy that they would do that and change ‘overnight’.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Visibility issues is why Day will also lose the Oscar LOL.

Nope. She’s very much visible right now. The HFPA interestingly created a narrative for her

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

Going off topic but I just rewatched Arrival and it is just disgusting and abhorrent that Amy didn’t get nominated for the role (of course they were fine for nominating Meryl for anything she does even if it’s poop)

Sci-fi genre sadly worked against her.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Sci-fi genre sadly worked against her.

I would’ve lost it if she got nominated for that atrocious/ridiculous performance in HE (Sadly I think she was actually 6th) but got snubbed for a masterclass in acting in Arrival.

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Keep dreaming. Andra is winning. It’s between her and Mulligan

And Mulligan’s film has Picture, director, screenplay, and editing attached to it.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

If the Globes and BAFTA pick a black woman for BA, I can’t see the Oscars not jumping on the history bandwagon regardless who wins at SAG.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

When was the last time the Globes went 2/4 in predicting the acting winners? Even when they do their own thing like reward Aaron-Taylor Johnson or Jlaw (American Hustle) they still get the other 3 winners right. In this case “their own thing” would be rewarding Foster which is literally incapable of winning the Oscar right now. So they are already at 3/4.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

If Viola Davis just went lead for Fences and won, we wouldn’t have to be dealing with this notion of a black actress having to win this year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.