Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 571 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Cute Emma would’ve still swept.

Huppert should’ve won for just being the most underrated actress ever

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Day will make such a great winner. Her performance is undeniable. I hate that she was snubbed by SAG and BAFTA, who both lost credit with me. The only way BAFTA can redeem themselves is to reward Alfre Woodard for Clemency. Woodard gave a much better performance than Kirby and McDormand which is the reasoning behind my statement.

Day overcame shortcomings of the mediocre Lee Daniels and delivered a knockout performance.

My personal opinion, Day will make the best winner of the Best Actress category since Cate Blanchett if she wins.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Not including the times involving category switching between Globes and Oscars, it was the 2004-5 season where Clive Owen and Natalie Portman won both supporting Globes for Closer.

Interesting year. Freeman won only with SAG making him one of the only two cases to win with only SAG. I imagine his narrative was incredibly strong as a veteran actor and in a BP winner. Blanchett was a highly respected actress in a strong best picture vehicle that was probably 2nd that year. Mulligan better hope to be in Blanchett’s case.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Some of yall are weird this is gold debry for people to predict if someone wants to make a case for viola to win sag that’s there prediction and this award season has wild can some of you users must have a time machine to see the future or something if not please shut up you don’t no sh+t until sag bafta or Oscar night like the rest of us.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

And another thing that’s annoying when people predict is bringing up stats … like stats are meant to be broken.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

And Mulligan’s film has Picture, director, screenplay, and editing attached to it.

Marriage Story was nominated in key categories last year. Little Women too. We know who won.

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If Viola Davis just went lead for Fences and won, we wouldn’t have to be dealing with this notion of a black actress having to win this year.

She was never beating Emma Stone. Her team saw something before placing her in supporting. They were scared of Natalie Portman who got raves. Turned out Stone was winning after the Globes killed and buried Portman’s chances. This may be unpopular, but I think Viola Davis was actually supporting in Fences. Maybe borderline. She has way less screen time in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (partly due to the short length of the film), but I think she’s more lead here since the story revolves around her. Even in her absence, the other characters kept calling Ma. In Fences, she was just a distressed wife who stayed in the background while Denzel kept shining. It was even in the argument scene that Davis had something to do. I still think she was better there though

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Marriage Story was nominated in key categories last year. Little Women too. We know who won.

They were both snubbed in Editing and Director. The key categories are Picture, Director, Screenplay and Editing. Acting can be a plus.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Zellweger was a previous winner and 3 time nominee whom the industry respects and swept every single award. Andra Day is not any of those

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

And another thing that’s annoying when people predict is bringing up stats … like stats are meant to be broken.

That’s an awards/predictions site for ya!

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

The USvsBH is the worst film in all the acting categories

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

They were both snubbed in Editing and Director. The key categories are Picture, Director, Screenplay and Editing. Acting can be a plus.

Lady Bird was nominated for directing.

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

When was the last time the Globes went 2/4 in predicting the acting winners? Even when they do their own thing like reward Aaron-Taylor Johnson or Jlaw (American Hustle) they still get the other 3 winners right. In this case “their own thing” would be rewarding Foster which is literally incapable of winning the Oscar right now. So they are already at 3/4.

This year of all years I can easily see MANY, MANY Academy members wanting to distinguish themselves and the Oscars from the Golden Globes as much as possible and one good way to do that would be for only 2 of 4 of the acting awards to overlap.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.