Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 571 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Jennifer is the worst lead actress winner of the decade

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mulligan would be more of a waste I’d she won.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Larson only won for Room since her competition was so weak that year. Cate Blanchett was category frauded and won an Oscar 2 years ago but she still should have been sweeping.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Whos the better actress out of these 3 Carey Mulligan Jennifer Lawrence or Brie Larson

Carey Mulligan.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Charlotte Rampling in 45 YEARS and Cate Blanchett in CAROL were the only two contenders in 2016 Best Actress lineup who really should’ve won.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Please. She does not. Brie wasn’t even top3 in her own category. One of the most overrated wins of the last decade. She was far superior in Short Term 12.

To this day I still don’t understand why the Academy reacted so well to Room 💀

I don’t hate Brie’s win but she was ok at best and outacted by everyone minus Lawrence and her horrid nomination

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I feel like you guys are overestimating Jennifer Hudson. The trailer looked basic and Hudson’s acting looked familiar. Also, how do we know the film will be a box-office hit? Aretha, while one of the greats, did not have the global reach that Queen had. Also, Jennifer Hudson is not… the best actress. I hope it does well because I love Aretha!

But she was a legend stateside whose career spanned multiple decades. I expect the movie to be a hit in the US even if nowhere else

This said I don’t see Hudson going 2/2 for another singing performance. What she did in Dreamgirls felt fresh despite the mediocre acting, I don’t see her repeating this

Let’s not forget that her Dreamgirls win was also largely helped by her ridiculous competition, category fraud and movie being the nomination leader (as well as a PGA/DGA/SAG nominee + Globe BP winner)

FYC :

Best Picture - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

To this day I still don’t understand why the Academy reacted so well to Room 💀 I don’t hate Brie’s win but she was ok at best and outacted by everyone minus Lawrence and her horrid nomination

Except Winters Bone, I think her last 3 nominations is a waste. Should’ve been gone to another worthy contenders. Don’t even reminded me that she beat Emmanuelle Riva in Amour. Harvey Weinstein really ‘killed whoever he have to kill to get her up to the stage’.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Except Winters Bone, I think her last 3 nominations is a waste. Should’ve been gone to another worthy contenders. Don’t even reminded me that she beat Emmanuelle Riva in Amour. Harvey Weinstein really ‘killed whoever he have to kill to get her up to the stage’.

Chile I’m not gonna disagree with this. Those David O. Russell flicks were just bad

FYC :

Best Picture - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Not to speculate rumors but is it true Jennifer Lawrence had a relationship with Harvey Weinstein? I’d always heard that was a reason why she won.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Not to speculate rumors but is it true Jennifer Lawrence had a relationship with Harvey Weinstein? I’d always heard that was a reason why she won.

Lawrence is a superstar. Hollywood loves to reward their stars whether they are deserving or not.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Charlotte Rampling in 45 YEARS and Cate Blanchett in CAROL were the only two contenders in 2016 Best Actress lineup who really should’ve won.

Tbh Saoirse Ronan should have won that year, she was probably second. Hopefully she wins an Oscar one day, she’s very talented.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Lol first people are saying Carey Mulligan will get snubbed because she lost the Globe and now people are saying Carey Mulligan can’t win because Emerald Fennell is winning.

Make it make sense please. 😂 All the Mulligan haters are delusional. 😁

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Brie Larson deserved to win. I don’t understand where’s this hate over her coming from. Who should’ve won that year? J-Law for another name-check nom? Saoirse Ronan for another boring coming of age period drama? Cate Blanchett so recently after her second win? Charlotte Rampling for a movie few people had actually seen?

This forum just hates every young actress who goes into the blockbuster territory.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

No one knows, but she said Weinstein was spreading lies about them.

So, between her and the prick, I’ll believe in her word.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.