Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 571 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor Cruz
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Brie Larson didn’t deserve the hate for Captain Marvel. Room was more like a Lifetime movie but her win is whatever. Short Term 12 was better.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Brie Larson didn’t deserve the hate for Captain Marvel. Room was more like a Lifetime movie but her win is whatever. Short Term 12 was better.

Exactly, she was superb in Short Term 12 but she was barely known back then and that’s probably why she wasn’t even Oscar nominated for that film. Plus, when she won for Room she was more known and it helped her film was also in contention for Best Picture and she started sweeping. I think she deserved her Oscar, but I preferred Ronan’s inspiring performance.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Brie Larson deserved to win. I don’t understand where’s this hate over her coming from. Who should’ve won that year? J-Law for another name-check nom? Saoirse Ronan for another boring coming of age period drama? Cate Blanchett so recently after her second win? Charlotte Rampling for a movie few people had actually seen? This forum just hates every young actress who goes into the blockbuster territory.

Umm Brooklyn is a boring coming of age period drama? Sweetie you need to get your cables fixed.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Charlotte Rampling in 45 YEARS and Cate Blanchett in CAROL were the only two contenders in 2016 Best Actress lineup who really should’ve won.

Brie Blandson and Jlaw shouldve been snubbed that year. Charlize Theron was ROBBED for Mad Max Fury Road.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who should’ve won that year?

May I present the lady who should have been nominated and won:

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Except Winters Bone, I think her last 3 nominations is a waste. Should’ve been gone to another worthy contenders. Don’t even reminded me that she beat Emmanuelle Riva in Amour. Harvey Weinstein really ‘killed whoever he have to kill to get her up to the stage’.

Hun, The Jlaw win was bought by Weinstein just like he bought Paltrow an Oscar in the 90s. No way people actually thought Paltrow and Lawrence gave the best performance that year. Harvey really bought the Academy off by inviting them to parties and telling them to vote for Lawrence.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

the real winner that year

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Brie Larson deserved to win. I don’t understand where’s this hate over her coming from. Who should’ve won that year? J-Law for another name-check nom? Saoirse Ronan for another boring coming of age period drama? Cate Blanchett so recently after her second win? Charlotte Rampling for a movie few people had actually seen?

This forum just hates every young actress who goes into the blockbuster territory.

Hun, we don’t hate her. We’re stating the facts. Her win is overrated. It was a performance anyone would’ve done in their sleep. No one even remembers that win and she’s become one of the most polarizing actresses in Hollywood just like Jlaw for being Overrated.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Darlings I fear when Jlaw comes back she will be the filler nominee for every season like she was before.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, the most iconic performance that year was:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Harvey in prison, and I hope that O’Russell stopped making movies. Those two names are the only thing that could get her a nod.

Unfortunately O’Russel does have movie plans with his new Blond Margot Robbie.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Huns, the most iconic performance that year was:

She really does have incredible range

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Umm Brooklyn is a boring coming of age period drama?

Yes, it was. Easily the weakest BP nominee that year. She was fine, but she did that performance in her sleep.

Saoirse didn’t deserve to win for any of her nominations and shouldn’t have been nominated for Little Women.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Yes, it was. Easily the weakest BP nominee that year. She was fine, but she did that performance in her sleep. Saoirse didn’t deserve to win for any of her nominations and shouldn’t have been nominated for Little Women.

Thanks for pointed that out. 2020’s lineup could be stronger than they actually are. Only Johansson deserved her noms. I even would nominated Cho Yeo Jeong in lead to save that horrid lineup.

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

the real wiener

watch I May Destroy You

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.