Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 501 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Does anyone really have passion right now? I feel like this season has been going on for so long that all air has been taken out of it. Hopefully Sunday changes things.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Does anyone really have passion right now? I feel like this season has been going on for long that all air has been taken out of it. Hopefully Sunday changes things.

No. “passion” is the code word for “my favorite is missing major precursor(s) and I need to create something out of a thin air to justify my stanning”. It’s a cope like sudden value of Australian Awards.

Day wouldn’t have won SAG if nominated cause SAG didn’t nominate her. She wasn’t even #5. End of story. That doesn’t mean she couldn’t pull an AMPAS win, but like many pointed out over and over, don’t take Regina King or Halle Berry as precedents for Day win cause she’s in much weaker position than either of those winners. She’s not out but passion argument doesn’t stand. I mean, she couldn’t even win NAACP.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

No. “passion” is the code word for “my favorite is missing major precursor(s) and I need to create something out of a thin air to justify my stanning”.

??

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Who is the HFPA member who is also in AMPAS?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Day had screeners issues, and SAG is known for snubbing late entries, Meryl Streep (The Post), Daniel Day-Lewis (Phantom Thread) and even Leonardo DiCaprio (Wall Street) suffered from that. Globe winners rarely fail to repeat at SAG, so I don’t see any reason for why she would lose there given the baitiness of her performance and their love for PoC films/performances. Regarding NAACP, they awarded Bad Boys Best Picture…

And none of those performances won the Oscar nor was even close to winning and wouldn’t have won SAG either. Leo was the closest but MacConaissance (sp?) was so unstoppable he wouldn’t have been stopped there. Even BAFTA snub couldn’t move the needle. Oh and speaking of SAG love for POC,  they didn’t vote for Ejiofor, they voted for MaConaissaince thus sealing his domination.  Oh wait, in TV awards, they didn’t vote for When They See Us cast either.  So lets not get carried away. They don’t automatically vote for PoC. (even if they won some other awards such as Emmys).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Me if Carey Mulligan doesn’t win 

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Lisa Lu, who was in Crazy Rich Asians as the grandmother.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Me waiting for these SAG results to leak…

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Lisa Lu, a 93 year old Chinese born American actress and singer. She had a small role in Crazy Rich Asians, among other films, and appeared on TV shows such as NYPD Blue, Bonanza and Mission Impossible.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Me waiting for these SAG results to leak…

SOO disappointing no one has gotten to the bottom of this yet 😂

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

SOO disappointing no one has gotten to the bottom of this yet 😂

Cowards.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Umm you guys know that the winners haven’t been announced yet, right? The ballots were turned in yesterday, the TV winners will find out today, and the Film winners tomorrow. Then the broadcast will be on Sunday.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Umm you guys know that the winners haven’t been announced yet, right? The ballots were turned in yesterday, the TV winners will find out today, and the Film winners tomorrow. Then the broadcast will be on Sunday.

what time for winners today and tomorrow do you know?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.