Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I’ve been seeing a lot of people predict Frances at SAG. It makes me nervous. I really thought it was between Mulligan and Davis. This would be Nomadland’s only shot at recognition at SAG.

McDormand has been Nomadland’s only shot at SAG recognition ever since the SAG nominations were announced. As far as I am aware, nothing has happened in the last couple of weeks which constitutes a reason to change Best Actress Oscar predictions. I’ve been nervous about Mulligan’s chances ever since Day won the Golden Globe, and those concerns increased when the BAFTA nominations were announced, but I don’t understand why people have altered their picks within the last 72 hours or so.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

So basically different people have different anecdotal evidence about who may win SAG, what may win Picture, who is surging, etc. Like Jon Snow, we know nothing. 🙂

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, if Mulligan lose Sag she can still win a la Adrien Brody, who won without GG, SAG and BAFTA. She’s got the Picture nomination to back her up just like Brody. She’s in the top 3 contender, and she’ll be up against two recent Oscar winners like Brody did back in 2002.

And the recent why it’s very likely even with a SAG loss is the British vote that we don’t know anything about or how exactly they would vote until the actual Oscars because BAFTA decided to go rogue this year.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I’ve been seeing a lot of people predict Frances at SAG. It makes me nervous. I really thought it was between Mulligan and Davis. This would be Nomadland’s only shot at recognition at SAG.

Awarding Mulligan would also be SAG’s only way to award Promising Young Women so for all those DJs and recording artists who love it….

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Someone from the industry claims on Hollywood-Elsewhere (I know, lol) that PYW is surging like Parasite and that nobody cares about Nomadland. Grain of salt as usual but if there’s such movement whether it affects Picture or not, could be a good news for Mulligan: “Old White Guys Boosting “Promising Young Woman”? Seasoned Filmmaker to HE: “I’ve come to strongly believe that Promising Young Woman is hitting the 60-plus White Male Academy voters (which still constitute the majority) in a sweet spot, and that for this reason Emerald Fennell‘s film is bound to be the upset Best Picture winner that Parasite was last year. Trust me — Promising Young Woman is the film that ALL my voter colleagues in LA and overseas are raving about.”‘ “Non-urgent admiration for Nomadland.” Again, doesn’t mean much but it shows that other movies don’t create the chatter.

I’m one of the biggest Promising Young Woman stans on this site and that statement blew me away. You mind sharing a link? I wanna read the full thing for myself

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

I’m one of the biggest Promising Young Woman stans on this site and that statement blew me away. You mind sharing a link? I wanna read the full thing for myself

Lol it’s so easy to look up. Here it is:

Old White Guys Boosting “Promising Young Woman”?

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Yuck, are we really giving Hollywood Elsewhere and J*ffrey W*lls consideration?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m not convinced that my favorite movie of the year is winning Best Picture two years in a row. The Academy’s not that nice

FYC

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Carey loses at SAG it’s over. She’s not Adrien Brody who was in an acting category where literally all of his competitors were previous Oscar winners. The Pianist was the frontrunner for best picture too winning director and adapted screenplay but lost to Chicago probably to avoid controversy of giving that pedophile Polanski too many awards.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

if PYW wins Script and Editing, watch out Nomadland in Picture. Cassie is coming for you!

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I’ve never experienced before this type of push for a performer by gays as this year with Mulligan. Y’all can get truly delusional. If she loses SAG she is no longer win competitive for the Oscar. She’s done. I’m giving you all the time in the world to digest that, or simply 3 days when and if she actually wins it.

Hun, do you think I care what you think? It’s not delusional

If we reach a scenario where a different contender win a precursor(Mulligan CC, Day GG, Viola SAG, McDormand or Kirby BAFTA) we will NOT know the actual winner until Oscar night. Because there will be a reason as to why and why not they would or wouldn’t win.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I’ve never experienced before this type of push for a performer by gays as this year with Mulligan. Y’all can get truly delusional. If she loses SAG she is no longer win competitive for the Oscar. She’s done. I’m giving you all the time in the world to digest that, or simply 3 days when and if she actually wins it.

Am I the only person who thinks this comment is a tad homophobic? BTW, Variety’s Clayton Davis, who happens to be straight, opined on today’s Awards Circuit podcast that assuming a Mulligan loss at SAG means her chances for an Oscar this year are finished is “just silly,” and all three other Variety journalists on the podcast agreed with him.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ll only predict <i>Promising Young Woman </i>if it somehow performs disproportionately well at BAFTA. And that would mean holding off The Father in almost every possible category.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Lol it’s so easy to look up. Here it is: https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2021/03/60-plus-white-guy-factor-boosting-promising-young-woman/

This is interesting, but I’m still not sure. I’ve been told that there’s many members who really love the movie a lot, but I don’t doubt that there are a few who have issues with the movie’s message and themes. I don’t really think there’s as much of a “woke” sentiment amongst the Academy because if there were, I don’t think Green Book would’ve won Best Picture. There’s absolutely a case for PYW to upset, and I’m not just saying that because I’m willing it into existence, but its chances of doing so aren’t very high.

FYC

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Are you really bringing Mulligan’s CC win in? 💀 If industry wants Mulligan crowned best actress she’ll win SAG. It’s as simple as that. The race isn’t as messy as people are trying to make it out to be. Day is far from an untouchable frontrunner, industry wasn’t even aware of her existence until she got GG nod and then win. It’s not a Regina King f*ck up by snubbing her. Mulligan is right there to vote for. I cannot comprehend where all this confidence in Davis is coming from. She’s not close to snatching SAG. They don’t have endless choices to pick from.

Hun, I just gave you an example how in a 2002 in a similar race as this one they went with Adrien Brody after he lost SAG, BAFTA and GG. Don’t you read?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.