Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 503 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

The controversy didn’t really broke until the deadline for votes already passed.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The controversy didn’t really broke until the deadline for votes already passed.

Well they did have the “Globes so white” controversy as soon as the nominations are announced.

So whilst I don’t agree with Victor Cruz’s assessment, knowing how the HFPA are, it wouldn’t surprise me if they went and voted for as many people of colour in acting as they could in order for them to silence their detractors.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Topics:

Davis simply does not deserve this win. She was overshadowed by her co-stars. Mulligan delivered a knockout performance. This will be so unfair.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Can we please stop reducing this category to race. On a program where 2 of the 4 categories are going to a poc and a third is leading that way, they really dont have to play the game of “lets not get in trouble by giving the win to a black person.”

Sags are fairly diverse in terms of winners.

Now onto more important stuff.  Will Carey rock the nurses outfit on snl next week?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Now onto more important stuff.  Will Carey rock the nurses outfit on snl next week?

She should wear the outfit and mention all the people that did her dirty this past year — and we all know who I mean.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I feel the need to say this due to what I said about white winners being misinterpreted (understandable).

There will be backlash if either Andra or Viola TIE with a white actress. If Carey, Frances or Vanessa have a solo win it wouldn’t really manifest, but there will be words if only the 2nd ever Best Actress winner has to share the award.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I’m just glad we get an answer today to see if Carey and Glenn are done for the win. Let’s face it: I don’t think anyone can win a lead Oscar with just a BFCA award under her belt. Even if she has the British bloc, that wouldn’t be visible and helpful enough because of the BAFTA snub. I was rooting for both women for a different reason (although I would be happy for everyone except Bakalova in the supporting category, especially Seyfried and Youn), but it was a long season and if Carey can’t win, let’s find out now rather than later. If Davis takes the SAG, I think McDormand or non-nominated performer will win at BAFTA, and at the Oscars, the victory would be decided among Day, Davis, and maybe McDormand.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

winning or not winning sag does not mean certainty, not this year out of all the years at least. you can win the oscar without a sag and you can lose the oscar with a sag win

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If Mulligan loses SAG, she’s probably not winning the Oscar. It won’t be impossible, we do have to remember Glenn Close/Olivia Colman, but with this year and where the support has been going for PYW (which is looking like it’s mostly going towards Screenplay) it’s gonna be a mega uphill climb. If I’m gonna believe that she has a chance, something has to happen that shows that the British block will rally behind her AND that it can be enough to give her the win, and for that to happen, PYW has to win at least one award besides Screenplay at BAFTA. Otherwise, I don’t think I can go into Oscar night not predicting Day even if my heart wants something different

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Mulligan would have to win the oscars with just a critics choice awards if she lost the sags. Is there even a precedent for such a thing happening?

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

winning or not winning sag does not mean certainty, not this year out of all the years at least. you can win the oscar without a sag and you can lose the oscar with a sag win

I think SAG is the only thing that really matters this year. This is the only trust-worthy precursor this time around, and if Carey would lose, I don’t see her getting enough momentum to pull off a win over SAG-winner Viola Davis, BAFTA-winner Frances McDormand, and Golden Globe-winner Andra Day. That’s just too many places where she didn’t win. No one has ever won a Lead Actress Oscar with such a weak precursor run.

Profile picture
    Topics:

If Mulligan loses SAG, she’s probably not winning the Oscar. It won’t be impossible, we do have to remember Glenn Close/Olivia Colman, but with this year and where the support has been going for PYW (which is looking like it’s mostly going towards Screenplay) it’s gonna be a mega uphill climb. If I’m gonna believe that she has a chance, something has to happen that shows that the British block will rally behind her AND that it can be enough to give her the win, and for that to happen, PYW has to win at least one award besides Screenplay at BAFTA. Otherwise, I don’t think I can go into Oscar night not predicting Day even if my heart wants something different

to be honest if carey loses sag and kirby goes to winning bafta i will be predicting her for the oscar, even tho it is a little too risky hehe

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Colman won the Golden Globe, BFCA Comedy (so they could reward both Gaga and Glenn in a tie and have the big headlines) and BAFTA. She only really lost SAG that is known to support mostly American talent in the Lead Actress category.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Colman won the Golden Globe, BFCA Comedy (so they could reward both Gaga and Glenn in a tie and have the big headlines) and BAFTA. She only really lost SAG that is known to support mostly American talent in the Lead Actress category.

and colman was also sweeping the critics too so I am still a little surprised about how people are calling her win an upset when she was the clear frontrunner the entire season

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.