Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 503 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

so bafta is kirby vs mcdormand for the fourth ticket into that oscar pool

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

A black women is winning the Oscar!!! Viola has the naacp and the sag award. Viola is the most nominated black actress at the Oscars. If she wins she’ll be the second black actress to win this award and the most Oscar awarded black actress in other words Viola Davis is winning 🤪

Viola Davis is the Greatest of our time!!!

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

So sad for Carey. She deserved so much better this season. This type of role is never winning the Oscar, isn’t? It would be insane to predict her now, unless Promising Young Woman completely sweeps the BAFTAs.

If Carey kills it on snl, might help her tremendously this year.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

This category is officially giving 2001 supporting actress… and I’m not mad about it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Frances McDormand at the Oscars with Day having won the Globe, Mulligan having won CC, Davis having won SAG and Kirby having won BAFTA…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Well, the hope is over. Thankfully it ends today and won’t be waiting 3 more weeks. Packing and leaving. See ya.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Imagine if Frances McDormand wins the Independent Spirit Award and Vanessa Kirby wins BAFTA. I think that would be the first time every single acting nominee in an Oscar category won a televised award.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

the globes loss could be explained somewhat, esp given how all the actress wins were by last minute feb releases.

but viola getting the sag (again) when boseman was guaranteed a win already…makes me think people who aren’t critics/twitter just don’t care about mulligan.

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Well, the hope is over. Thankfully it ends today and won’t be waiting 3 more weeks. Packing and leaving. See ya.

I feel you.

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

There is no way this doesn’t go to either Viola or Andra. I am putting my money on Viola for now.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

This is totally insane loool this thread it’s going to be “fun” until Oscar night

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Again someone tell me why Andra is over Viola? Genuine question since everyone is saying Andra is winning. Andra has obviously no overseas support and her film got zero nominations other than herself. She is also a newcomer.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

I’m extremely happy about Viola winning and I obviously want her to go all the way. But if Carey supporters are giving up hope then you’re not smart. For one Carey won cc which shows she has support and Viola winning is the second best option for Carey if she wasn’t gonna win considering that Carey has lots of support and could easily get overwhelming support at the Oscars if her supporters feel like she’s been under rewarded. The thing is Carey’s type of performance isn’t what the Oscars tend to go for however I wouldn’t give up now if anything this just makes things more exciting.

Viola Davis is the Greatest of our time!!!

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Andra Day vs Viola Davis

Vanessa will be the upset potential if she wins BAFTA. Personally this seems like Viola’s path to win, very very difficult to justify that though considering the Oscars did not like Ma Rainey. Maybe they disliked US vs BH even more, after all its critically panned? Are we underestimating how good of a situation this would be for Kirby now if she wins BAFTA. Who knows

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Haha I knew Viola was winning SAG! You guys all doubted but I knew it all along. Now the Acadeny is engraving her name on the Oscar trophy as we speak.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.