Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It doesn’t help that neither Mulligan or McDormand are clear critics favourites. They both seem to be fairly divided in critics support.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The highest powers will give the OSCAR to Viola or Andra.

“Highest powers” Oh no the power of the waiters, DJs, weathermen, and influencers apart of SAG-AFTRA what ever shall we do.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Hate to say it but Day & Davis got the last laugh. Many discounted them and now look…both have won this season. Incredible!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m so glad we won’t have a boring sweep on April 25. The precursors are completely divided. Each one of them choose a different winner.

This is a three way race between Day, Mulligan and Davis. I think Bukky Bukray will win BAFTA. The three have huge things to overcome and I’m not sure who has the edge.

Day has no SAG or BAFTA nominations, she’s the sole nomination of her film, which doesn’t have good reviews, and she’s a newcomer in a debut performance. Winning the Globe was huge for her though, and the SAG snub could be explained by visibility issues.

Mulligan missed SAG and GG. In a normal race she’d be done, but in a divided year like this I still think she has a chance. There’s a chance she’d win BAFTA without the jury system.

Davis missed the Globe and has only one critic award. Ma Rainey also missed the BP nomination and is already winning Actor. Her win could be a SAG thing but again this is a divided year so I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Now I actually feel happy about not being able to watch the Oscars live lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.