Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 43)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 43)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 496 through 500 (of 500 total)
Created
7 days ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Yes but that’s my point. In an open race before BAFTA went with an American who they liked enough to nominate twice in the same category. It’s not implausible that they could have done it again under the old system if Davis was a nominee this year.

Sure. But Lost in Translation was nominated for Best Film at BAFTA showing it was well-liked over there. Ma Rainey’s was not. Again, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But support of a movie tends to matter in split races

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Well for what’s it worth BAFTA awarded Scarlett Johansson in 2003 when Charlize Theron was ineligible and they could have easily gone for Anne Reid (who is a celebrated British veteran) or Naomi Watts (who is British-Australian). So whilst I do agree that in split races that BAFTA prefers the homegrown performer and/or the performer in a home-grown film, it’s not implausible for Davis to have won under the old system there.

Fences literally got one BAFTA nomination and it was for Davis and she won so it might be the case where the international appeal of her film isn’t so much of a factor for her.

Hun, she swept for Fences. Is not like there was an alternative lmao.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Well, Berry’s film had a Screenplay nomination showing that the movie had support elsewhere. And Davis is a bigger name now than she was in 2012. We’re not talking about 2012

A bigger name in the industry amongst peers.

Widows- Box Office Flop
    Fences- Carried by Denzel Washington other wise only 2 people wouldve seen it.

Ma Rainey- One of Netflix lowest debuts of the year.

What else has she led? How to Get Away with Murder? ok. lol

Andra Day is the STAR they’ve been waiting for. And if they go that route it’ll be her.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Whatever the case, I’m praying to gods I don’t believe in for Mulligan, and I’m an atheist so that should say a lot. We’ll just see what happens and in the worst case scenario, I can hope she wins for Maestro because I don’t see how she doesn’t absolutely kill that role.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Mulligan has barely taken a tumble in the prediction center. She STEADY and staying on her throne no matter what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 496 through 500 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 43)’ is closed to new replies.