Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 497 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

This campaign is just getting started.

I stay in love! 😢🤩

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Give it up guys. I don’t know who’s going to win but I do know that Andra and Viola will carve up the vast majority of the votes. You know this is true if you have any idea how the AMPAS members operate.

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

Give it up guys. I don’t know who’s going to win but I do know that Andra and Viola will carve up the vast majority of the votes. You know this is true if you have any idea how the AMPAS members operate.

No one is voting Andra here:

https://www.screendaily.com/features/awards-whispers-anonymous-ampas-and-bafta-members-reveal-for-whom-they-are-voting-/5158579.article

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

https://www.screendaily.com/features/awards-whispers-anonymous-ampas-and-bafta-members-reveal-for-whom-they-are-voting-/5158579.article

That is a very small sample of a very specific pool of voters.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

No one is voting Andra here: https://www.screendaily.com/features/awards-whispers-anonymous-ampas-and-bafta-members-reveal-for-whom-they-are-voting-/5158579.article

Off topic for sure but if i was basing predictions off that, Id be very scared for Boseman

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Off topic for sure but if i was basing predictions off that, Id be very scared for Boseman

Me reading all the Hopkins mentions 

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

If I wasn’t so confident in Chadwick I think I’d predict Viola for the Oscar now. But the last time both lead performances in a movie won was in 1998 for a Best Picture nominee. Also, I’m predicting Ma Rainey for Costumes and Makeup, and the last time a film won the most Oscars of the night without being nominated for Picture, Director or Screenplay was with King Kong/Memoirs of a Geisha in 2006 where the love was so widespread that we had four films winning the most awards. Stats are there to be broken but I really don’t see where the love for Ma Rainey that it needs for that is supposed to come from.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

This is a very small group but does give us some insight. Frances got three votes and Viola got 2. It’s no surprise Frances got the most support since her performance is beloved in the Uk. What is interesting is that Viola is picking up a lot of support. I always suspected that she would be nominated if Alfre didn’t get in. With that said anyone that doesn’t think Viola is top 2 is just being biased at this point.

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

Me reading all the Hopkins mentions

I wouldn’t be concerned remember this is Bafta voters. Maybe Anthony wins the Bafta but there’s no way Chadwick loses the Oscar, I just don’t see it. Carey, Andra, Viola, Daniel and Youn(all the people who I’d imagine people would be upset about them losing) could all lose and the combined backlash the Oscars would receive wouldn’t even come close to the backlash they’d get for snubbing Chadwick.

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Yup, Anthony could win the BAFTA (I wouldn’t predict it), but Chadwick is completly locked for the Oscar.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

If I wasn’t so confident in Chadwick I think I’d predict Viola for the Oscar now. But the last time both lead performances in a movie won was in 1998 for a Best Picture nominee. Also, I’m predicting Ma Rainey for Costumes and Makeup, and the last time a film won the most Oscars of the night without being nominated for Picture, Director or Screenplay was with King Kong/Memoirs of a Geisha in 2006 where the love was so widespread that we had four films winning the most awards. Stats are there to be broken but I really don’t see where the love for Ma Rainey that it needs for that is supposed to come from.

Mulan is going to win for Costumes, and I am not predicting Ma Rainey for Makeup either. I am only predicting it for Actor and Actress only – and I disagree 100% with both of those choices as I think they both give the least interesting performances of the 5 nominated in their respective categories. Yet I think they will win due to the politics of this particular year, the death of Boseman, and the herd mentality of enough academy members that they won’t reward the better performances with their awards.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

If Boseman loses the Oscar to Hopkins that would be the best thing to happen to Viola because then she would be the acting win for her film.

By the way, McDormand is definitely coming for the BAFTA.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Viola is coming.

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

I am starting to think Andra might not be a factor. Davis might be the obvious choice for people who love biopic performances.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

This campaign is just getting started.

I’ve been through pretty much all the nominees but after her SAG speech I’m back where I was at the beginning.

Viola really didn’t expect to win and her reaction was really nice. I think she can pull it off and I’m rooting for her.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)’ is closed to new replies.