Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 497 total)
Created
5 days ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Lil Tony doing the most again. What’s wrong with Wolfali supporting multiple contenders ? As far as I know he was praising Davis before SAG and simply said there were other performances including Van and Carey he liked better I guess sticking to one girl while disregarding or downright hating the others is so much better ?

As if everyone only stans one person or movie anyway. You all should’ve seen how happy I was last year when The Lighthouse got a Cinematography nod even when I was rooting for Parasite and Little Women to get in there. Or how happy I was this year when Seyfried got in and Minari got in for Score. I’m a PYW fan, but I’m not just a PYW fan.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Wasn’t that the guy who was saying Joker should have won ? LMAO

Oh my god don’t even get me STARTED

That would be me. I like to talk about predictions. But…. if someone is taking a deliberate dig at my Queen Vee, there will be consequences…

Same with me for Carey, so I can’t say I blame you.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Same with me for Carey, so I can’t say I blame you.

Nor do I blame you my friend! 😃

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Come on BAFTA, give it to the wonderful Alfre Woodard for her glorious performance in Clemency.

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Can people please stop acting like Mulligan would have “easily” won BAFTA. No one knows what would have happened and this type of overhyping of Mulligan brings her and Promising Young Woman fans a lot of unnecessary hate.

She definitely would have. She’s an unfortunate victim of the PR/PC jury

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

If Carey won BAFTA for An Education, she would definitely win for Promising Young Woman.

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

Carey is in NYC!!!!

Profile picture
    John Smisek
    Topics:

I’m going down with the Andra Day ship. Any other year she should be sweeping. Viola’s close behind. Day gives the most oscar bait performance I’ve seen in years and she’s electric on top of it.

Profile picture
    Aurelius
    Topics:

Reminds me of that dude who went on YouTube and did a full ass rant on why it shouldn’t win because it’s foreign.

Wasn’t that the guy who was saying Joker should have won ? LMAO

That guy, Robert Storms, later came out with a video where he claimed that after actually seeing Parasite he changed his mind. Tbh, I’ve seen some of his videos, I think he’s just a total troll, he has lots with some offensive clickbait title then nuanced takes, I bet he planned the whole thing to get rage views. Sad how weirdos like him with degrade themselves for money.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

That guy, Robert Storms, later came out with a video where he claimed that after actually seeing Parasite he changed his mind. Tbh, I’ve seen some of his videos, I think he’s just a total troll, he has lots with some offensive clickbait title then nuanced takes, I bet he planned the whole thing to get rage views. Sad how weirdos like him with degrade themselves for money.

He never said that. He said it was ok, unless  he made another video and I missed that video

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

If Carey won BAFTA for An Education, she would definitely win for Promising Young Woman.

I still think An Education is the best I’ve seen her. PYW is less of an acting showcase than that film.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Who still has Carey at #1?

Profile picture
    Diamond tears
    Topics:

I get where Tony is coming from. Some individuals were very aggressive over the past few months defending their favorites only to jump ship when they lost key awards. But it’s all in good fun. Davis and Day got the last laugh. Mostly everyone underestimated them.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I still think An Education is the best I’ve seen her. PYW is less of an acting showcase than that film.

Have you seen Wildlife? In my view, that’s a masterclass, and her strongest film work to date, but I believe that none of these three films exceed her stage work.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Who still has Carey at #1?

I do. I’m not at all confident that she’ll win,  and I keep going back and forth in my mind between her and Viola, but I remind myself that actors make up only 14% of AMPAS voters, and that given that she has won SAG before while losing the Oscar for the same performance, I think there’s a chance that Viola is a little bit more popular with other actors than she is with non-actor Academy voters.  I may change my vote down the line, but for the time being, I’m still sticking with Carey.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)’ is closed to new replies.