Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 497 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

I keep seeing how Carey could be boosted if PYW performs well at the BAFTAs. In what categories would it have to win in order for this to be true? And does it need to win Best Picture in order to “perform well?”

I personally feel if PYW gets British Film and Casting, it will let us know they are behind the movie and Mulligan.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

hulu is not available outside of us so it stats are not that trustworthy

Just because it’s not available outside the US doesn’t mean the data is false.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Just because it’s not available outside the US doesn’t mean the data is false.

i am not saying it is false i am just saying that you can’t say how popular a movie is worlwide from its stats on hulu. you need more information about how its watched outside of us , more demographics basically

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

The campaign for Ms. Davis continues:

https://awardswatch.com/netflix-partners-with-grammy-museum-for-ma-rainey-mother-of-the-blues-television-special/

NEXTFLIX BETTA STEP IT UP FOR THE QUEEN!! 👏🏽 I love it!!

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

I personally feel if PYW gets British Film and Casting, it will let us know they are behind the movie and Mulligan.

I have it taking Original Screenplay, British Film, and Casting. It could realistically only win 1 but a Casting win could be similar to Joker last year. And they could “award” the casting of Carey since she was snubbed by the jury and she’s the face of the film. Not sure what the circumstances were last year or if it’s a solid argument.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Casting I feel like will go to Rocks.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Promising Young Woman wins Original Screenplay, British Film, and Casting I would be very tempted to switch to Carey especially for the casting win. The casting win would more likely be attributed to casting Carey Mulligan in the role especially when that Variety critic said he felt she was miscasted. I guess the win would also acknowledge the “nice guy” casting but the win would recognize Carey more so imo.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Promising Young Woman takes all four of Original Screenplay, British Film, Casting and Editing (I am predicting Casting goes to Rocks) then I will have option but to switch Carey.

But if it only takes home Original Screenplay or even loses that award and goes home empty handed, then I have no choice but to keep my prediction of Viola Davis.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Anyone who didn’t win that AACTA AACTRA whatever AAsomething Ozzie award that was never relevant until this year needs to sit down. It’s over for you. 😉 *

*jk if it isn’t obvi

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Is Kate Winslet going to get the closed gay actors she knows to vote for Ma Rainey in actress?

Nnnnn

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I don’t understand mulligan getting the support of the British to her self if Andra and Viola could hypothetically split votes. Vanessa who was on the worlds Most popular show about the British monarchy the crown and pieces of a women doing good on Netflix in European countries could get British support from the academy also.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I don’t understand mulligan getting the support of the British to her self if Andra and Viola could hypothetically split votes. Vanessa who was on the worlds Most popular show about the British monarchy the crown and pieces of a women doing good on Netflix in European countries could get British support from the academy also.

this and if she wins bafta too that will give her more hype then cc did to carey

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Writing Vanessa off before the BAFTAs is just ridiculous. She’s far from frontrunner, but with how the BAFTA nominations are & how messy and wide open this race is she’s far from out until after the ceremony if she looses.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Writing Vanessa off before the BAFTAs is just ridiculous. She’s far from frontrunner, but with how the BAFTA nominations are & how messy and wide open this race is she’s far from out until after the ceremony if she looses.

I just have a feeling that Bukky Bukray is going to upset the two Oscar nominees at BAFTA. Pieces of a Woman just doesn’t have overall support. Yes, Kirby is British. Yes, Kirby was in The Crown. However, I just don’t get a sense of urgency to reward her. If she can’t win at BAFTA with the three frontrunners out then she doesn’t have the support to win at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I agree if pym gets a bafta outside of screenplay I’ll predict mulligan for the Oscar.  It would show the support for the film and her since she’s the face of the film. Right now it’s looking like a bloodbath with Andra Viola and Mulligan all campaigning with 1 televised award each I’m confused on who to predict right now 💀.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 44)’ is closed to new replies.