Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 45 is now open.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Ok i was just about to respond when the previous thread got closed:

And Academy Award voters most likely watch screeners or watch the movie (USVBH) on the oscar online platform so what is the point of USVBH outviewing Nomadland on Hulu then? What point are you trying to make? Frances isn’t winning I’m not trying to argue she has a better chance than Andra nor am I saying Andra has no chance period. What is your point?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Too many damn parts JFC get a life outside of GoldDerby, at least I think about stuff besides the Oscars

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Already ?

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Me watching all the stan fights:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Andra Day winning would be so much fun considering what she’s been through in this race.

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Nothing even happened last thread good lord. Yall would deserve a kirby win

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Anne Thompson has said that some Academy members are not watching the movies that need to be streamed. lol Not sure how big of a sample she got.

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Anne Thompson has said that some Academy members are not watching the movies that need to be streamed. lol Not sure how big of a sample she got.

It happens every year. That’s why precursors have their power on the decision of votes

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

What does “streamed” mean though? As in not already available on a streaming platform?

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Streamed as they are only available on streaming services like Disney Plus and HBO Max. I’m guessing it’s probably older Academy members who still prefer physical media.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ahh OK. But didn’t a lot of studios still send out physical screeners? Does anyone know?

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Quoting Luca from the previous thread

I have not even gotten to the actress part yet, but Pete mentioned how a survey in 2019 showed that more international voters voted for Green Book — an extremely American movie — than for Roma. This is, in my opinion, why it’s wrong to assume that Carey Mulligan is the unquestionable beneficiary of the “international vote.” The more I think about it, the more baseless that prediction becomes. Ultimately, we have no idea whom international voters like most.

THANK YOU.

I find this international voters blocking to be ridiculous. I mean, how can you potentially club voters from England, voters from South Korea, and voters from India (there are at least 100 Indian academy voters, at the very least!) in the same group?

Indian voters can vote for Davis or Day just as easily as they can vote for Carey. I mean sure, voters in UK will probably vote for Carey (some might vote for Kirby too), but then again there are also black voters in UK, there are Asian voters in UK, nationality and ethnicity is not the same.

Clubbing international voters as one monolith is completely ridiculous.

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

Quoting Luca from the previous thread

THANK YOU.

I find this international voters blocking to be ridiculous. I mean, how can you potentially club voters from England, voters from South Korea, and voters from India (there are at least 100 Indian academy voters, at the very least!) in the same group?

Indian voters can vote for Davis or Day just as easily as they can vote for Carey. I mean sure, voters in UK will probably vote for Carey (some might vote for Kirby too), but then again there are also black voters in UK, there are Asian voters in UK, nationality and ethnicity is not the same.

Clubbing international voters as one monolith is completely ridiculous.

The same way people talk about “the black vote” splitting as if it’s monolithic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.